Hosting your blog on WordPress.com
by, 06-13-2012 at 09:53 AM (12202 Views)
If you are new to blogging or you want to change your blogging platform from say blogger.com to another platform say WordPress.com this article will give you a bit of introduction to WordPress.com.
WordPress.com is probably the most popular and widely use hosted blog platform out there, it is not difficult to see why, its interface is much more user friendly than most other hosted blog out there and you can do a whole lot more including adding a domain name to mask the sub domain of WordPress you get by default, you can also move your contents to a completely different host.
By default when you create a blog on WordPress.com you get a url that look something like this: http://datingsiteblogger.wordpress.com , you can then build on it over time with some of the option explained below.
What are the advantages of premium hosting:
· You can add a domain.
- WP allows you to use a custom domain name, for example www.parents-dating.com could have a domain name . In the free hosting WP gives you a standard domain name e.g http://datingsiteblogger.wordpress.com
- Also you can have an email address on the same domain such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can create a subdomains mapped to the different sites.
· You can add a Video Press
- WP allows you to upload a HD video from your WP blog. Video press supports many filetypes and codecs.
- You will have 3GB of space
· You can have a Custom Design
- WP allows you to make your blog look as you want. You will be able to change Fonts in your theme and CSS.
· You can increase your available storage space
- WP allows you to add 10, 25,50,100,200GB to your blog.
- You can upload different filetypes, like mp3.
- Your files stay around as long as your blog does.
· You will not have any ads in your blog
- Sometimes on free hosting you can see the advertisements. This upgrade allows you to eliminate ads on your blog.
· You can redirect your site
- WP allows you to move away wordpress.com to your own self-hosted WP installation without losing SEO rankings. This upgrade redirects your site by 301 redirect. So if you want to change your blog address and move your traffic from old blog to new address, this upgrade is what you need.
· You will have a guide transfer
- WP will transfer your site to a self-hosted WP installation. They will transfer all content, install and configure plugins and provide you support on your new WP install.