Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Directory Submission Tips

There are some tips while submitting directory submitting:

1. Confirmation Mails ::First and foremost, the buyers think that more the confirmation mails, the better is the submission.

2. Page Rank ::Well directories have Grey bar or PR 0 or PR 1+ and this is very very important. Getting 100 High PR submissions is far better than getting 1000 PR Grey Bar/PR 0 but dont underestimate low PR directories too.

3.Types of Directories submission procedure:: Many popular directories have "submission by category", its where you tunnel down to the deepest relevant directory before you could access the submission form. Thats a tough task and most of the people would avoid it since its time consuming, though it may be an important directory.

4. Errors in Submission:: There are lots of errors that could occur during submission
    Guidelines violation
    Not adhering with the character limits
    "Title is not unique in the parent category"
    "Category full, use sub-category"
    "No-Follow attribute" submission options
    URL already exists. It might have been submitted in wrong category.

5. Niche Specific/Regional submission/Deeplink Submissions:: Dont under-estimate the importance of these two. If you dont have time to submit all, atleast take your own time to do niche specific submissions.

6. Bannable words:: There are some predefined words that should be avoided like replica, duplicate, illegal etc.

7. Mail Activation:: Many directories require you to click on activation links in Mail

8. Directories that is sure to approve:: How to find out? Thats difficult. But one thins can be done which I have been doing. Always search for "approved" mails and do some parsing and other techniques and find out via Mr G that which are the directories that have approved the links that submitted. So collect them and give them more importance next time.

2. Default

At the time of Directory submission keep in mind
    Category it suitable for your site
    Information is correct
    Do follow or no follow
    Free or Paid
    Conformation mail

Quote Originally Posted by ellis123 View Post
    There are some tips while submitting directory submitting:

1. Confirmation Mails ::First and foremost, the buyers think that more the confirmation mails, the better is the submission.

2. Page Rank ::Well directories have Grey bar or PR 0 or PR 1+ and this is very very important. Getting 100 High PR submissions is far better than getting 1000 PR Grey Bar/PR 0 but dont underestimate low PR directories too.

3.Types of Directories submission procedure:: Many popular directories have "submission by category", its where you tunnel down to the deepest relevant directory before you could access the submission form. Thats a tough task and most of the people would avoid it since its time consuming, though it may be an important directory.

4. Errors in Submission:: There are lots of errors that could occur during submission
    Guidelines violation
    Not adhering with the character limits
    "Title is not unique in the parent category"
    "Category full, use sub-category"
    "No-Follow attribute" submission options
    URL already exists. It might have been submitted in wrong category.

5. Niche Specific/Regional submission/Deeplink Submissions:: Dont under-estimate the importance of these two. If you dont have time to submit all, atleast take your own time to do niche specific submissions.

6. Bannable words:: There are some predefined words that should be avoided like replica, duplicate, illegal etc.

7. Mail Activation:: Many directories require you to click on activation links in Mail

8. Directories that is sure to approve:: How to find out? Thats difficult. But one thins can be done which I have been doing. Always search for "approved" mails and do some parsing and other techniques and find out via Mr G that which are the directories that have approved the links that submitted. So collect them and give them more importance next time.
    I have submit my site in many Directory and all are not approved.
    Now, After read your post I think that I have made some mistake when I submit my site.
    However, Thanks for the Very Informative post about right submission in Directory.

4. Default

Directory submission is the process of submitting your website link to web directories. It will increases the web visibility. And create the high quality page rank for your web site.

5. Default

Thanks for adding these "Directory Submission Tips" in my knowledge.

6. Default

At the time of directory submission,you should pay attention towards category,sub category,page rank of the relevant directory.

Nobody really mentioned finding a reliable outsourcing partner and doing it through them? That would be my tip for all of you out there.

Time is money, don't waste it.

2. Page Rank ::Well directories have Grey bar or PR 0 or PR 1+ and this is very very important
    Toolbar PR is not important at all. It's just an outdated, inaccurate value from 0 to 10.

Does it magically get you customers? (eg. Joe says, "I'm going to buy PRODUCT because this web page has high PR") - no.

Some words from Matt Cutts:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cutts
    I believe that I’ve said before that PageRank is computed continuously; there are machines that take inputs to the PageRank algorithm at Google and compute the resulting PageRanks. So at any given time, a url in Google’s system has up-to-date PageRank as a result of running the computation with the inputs to the algorithm. From time-to-time, that internal PageRank value is exported so that it’s visible to Google Toolbar users (see the question below for more details on the timing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cutts
    It’s more accurate to think of it as a floating-point number. Certainly our internal PageRank computations have many more degrees of resolution than the 0-10 values shown in the toolbar.
    [source]

8. Directories that is sure to approve:: How to find out?
    There are high chances of getting your link approved in a link directory advertised Via a directory announcement forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Time is money, don't waste it.
    ...and link directories are a waste of time.. debate with me by posting up your comment on the purpose of link directories to YOU.

Yes, I believe they are under the condition that you are unable to find a distinct use for them both as a webmaster and as a user. Naturally, I do not have anything against them, but as a user I would have to say that they are completely useless in my case.

As a webmaster, it's all about the quality (search engine influence?) and performance (actual traffic delivery?). If none of these are present, then my website won't be in there either.

Quote Originally Posted by san632bri View Post
    Writing and posting articles in article directories helps drive relevant traffic to your website, gets you higher search engine rankings, builds your reputation as an expert in your field and helps you connect and interact with your readers.
    How can it "drive" traffic to your website(s) if it's a new directory?
    Don't expect to magically rank #1 for your keywords (Google Search) by building links Via link/article directories as well, ;)

About building reputation - how? (it's just an ad to promote your website and its services)
    Want To Learn About Search Engine Optimization? - Start Here.
    Forum Rules
    - Read & Learn.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information