Lightbulb Backlinks - does targeting single keyword help with double keyword phrases?

If I am backlink targeting to rank highly for say 'accountants London' with my homepage then does targeting just 'accountants' help does anyone know?

ie. if say I rank 9th in Google for 'Accountants London' and dont do any more back-linking on that phrase, but instead start targeting 'accountants' on it's own and go from +100 to 20th - will it help 'accountants London' as a result?

Blog Entries

The simple answer to your question is yes, it will help 'accountants London' I am assuming you have already do on SEO for accountants London so optimising just "accountants" will boost your ranking for 'accountants London' further.
    == Add your site to UK Web Directory and gain better ranking ==

Add your site to Finance Directory Haabaa

Thanks temi - you are always a wealth of information :)

Blog Entries

When you are getting backlinks to your website try to get different anchors with keywords you needed. For example if you need to promote keyword "London apartments" - you will have better results if you will get backlinks such as "Luxury London apartments" and "Apartments in London".

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alex997 View Post
    If I am backlink targeting to rank highly for say 'accountants London' with my homepage then does targeting just 'accountants' help does anyone know?

ie. if say I rank 9th in Google for 'Accountants London' and dont do any more back-linking on that phrase, but instead start targeting 'accountants' on it's own and go from +100 to 20th - will it help 'accountants London' as a result?
    Yes it does - but what you can do more is varying your keywords so that you can have a wider target range and is not only limited to such keyword phrases.

Thread Information