Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Backlinks - Does Targeting Single Keyword Help With Double Keyword Phrases?

Discussion in 'Guest Posting, Link Building and Backlinks' started by Alex997, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex997

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    If I am backlink targeting to rank highly for say 'accountants London' with my homepage then does targeting just 'accountants' help does anyone know?

ie. if say I rank 9th in Google for 'Accountants London' and dont do any more back-linking on that phrase, but instead start targeting 'accountants' on it's own and go from +100 to 20th - will it help 'accountants London' as a result?

2. Solmak

Staff Member Blue Belt

Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    The simple answer to your question is yes, it will help 'accountants London' I am assuming you have already do on SEO for accountants London so optimising just "accountants" will boost your ranking for 'accountants London' further.

3. Alex997

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thanks temi - you are always a wealth of information :)

4. Evgeniy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    When you are getting backlinks to your website try to get different anchors with keywords you needed. For example if you need to promote keyword "London apartments" - you will have better results if you will get backlinks such as "Luxury London apartments" and "Apartments in London".

5. Mark T

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Yes it does - but what you can do more is varying your keywords so that you can have a wider target range and is not only limited to such keyword phrases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.