Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Directory Submission Tips

Discussion in 'Press Releases (PR) and Directories' started by ellis123, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellis123

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    There are some tips while submitting directory submitting:

1. Confirmation Mails ::First and foremost, the buyers think that more the confirmation mails, the better is the submission.

2. Page Rank ::Well directories have Grey bar or PR 0 or PR 1+ and this is very very important. Getting 100 High PR submissions is far better than getting 1000 PR Grey Bar/PR 0 but dont underestimate low PR directories too.

3.Types of Directories submission procedure:: Many popular directories have "submission by category", its where you tunnel down to the deepest relevant directory before you could access the submission form. Thats a tough task and most of the people would avoid it since its time consuming, though it may be an important directory.

4. Errors in Submission:: There are lots of errors that could occur during submission
    Guidelines violation
    Not adhering with the character limits
    "Title is not unique in the parent category"
    "Category full, use sub-category"
    "No-Follow attribute" submission options
    URL already exists. It might have been submitted in wrong category.

5. Niche Specific/Regional submission/Deeplink Submissions:: Dont under-estimate the importance of these two. If you dont have time to submit all, atleast take your own time to do niche specific submissions.

6. Bannable words:: There are some predefined words that should be avoided like replica, duplicate, illegal etc.

7. Mail Activation:: Many directories require you to click on activation links in Mail

8. Directories that is sure to approve:: How to find out? Thats difficult. But one thins can be done which I have been doing. Always search for "approved" mails and do some parsing and other techniques and find out via Mr G that which are the directories that have approved the links that submitted. So collect them and give them more importance next time.

2. pappukumargn

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    At the time of Directory submission keep in mind
    Category it suitable for your site
    Information is correct
    Do follow or no follow
    Free or Paid
    Conformation mail

3. image

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I have submit my site in many Directory and all are not approved.
    Now, After read your post I think that I have made some mistake when I submit my site.
    However, Thanks for the Very Informative post about right submission in Directory.

4. Steve Smith

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Directory submission is the process of submitting your website link to web directories. It will increases the web visibility. And create the high quality page rank for your web site.

5. braindumps

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thanks for adding these "Directory Submission Tips" in my knowledge.

6. johnaddison

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    At the time of directory submission,you should pay attention towards category,sub category,page rank of the relevant directory.

7. Alex

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Nobody really mentioned finding a reliable outsourcing partner and doing it through them? That would be my tip for all of you out there.

Time is money, don't waste it.

8. Marc

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Toolbar PR is not important at all. It's just an outdated, inaccurate value from 0 to 10.

Does it magically get you customers? (eg. Joe says, "I'm going to buy PRODUCT because this web page has high PR") - no.

Some words from Matt Cutts:

[source]

There are high chances of getting your link approved in a link directory advertised Via a directory announcement forum.

...and link directories are a waste of time.. debate with me by posting up your comment on the purpose of link directories to YOU.

9. Alex

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Yes, I believe they are under the condition that you are unable to find a distinct use for them both as a webmaster and as a user. Naturally, I do not have anything against them, but as a user I would have to say that they are completely useless in my case.

As a webmaster, it's all about the quality (search engine influence?) and performance (actual traffic delivery?). If none of these are present, then my website won't be in there either.

10. Marc

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    How can it "drive" traffic to your website(s) if it's a new directory?
    Don't expect to magically rank #1 for your keywords (Google Search) by building links Via link/article directories as well, ;)

About building reputation - how? (it's just an ad to promote your website and its services)

11. jake

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I quite agree with Marc, even old directories can't drive traffic to your site. Directories gets minuscule traffic so you cannot really get any significant traffic from a web directory.

12. runadsonline

Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Directory submission is a time taking process. You made it easy .thanks

13. Marc

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Actually, if you follow some of the advice from the first post, you'll be using up more of your time and it will require more work, ;)

14. StephenHawking9

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    well that was really some important talking.
    thanks for sharing.

15. selva

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Its very useful. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Selva

16. selva

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    If you want to get good one way links for your website through directory submissions, then here are some useful directory submission tips. First of all, you must pick highly reputed directories for submission. Whether you submit your website to website with PR 0 or PR 4, the efforts will be the same but the results will not be the same. Getting your links from high PR directory will be much more beneficial. So you will have to select high PR directories for your submissions. It is not enough to read a lot of directory submission tips but you should know which directory submission tips should be followed and which should be ignored.

Secondly, when you want to submit your website to website directories, make your titles and descriptions keyword rich. Many of us do not pay attention to such details. We blindly submit our website to directories without any consideration on keywords. When you are building links for your website, you should always be very clear about the keywords that you are targeting. In other words, you are not just targeting the website but you are targeting specific keywords for your website. You will have to therefore pay close attention to keywords.

Thirdly, you should make sure that you do not spam the directories. If you spam the directories, then you will end up losing your website's online reputation. It is highly important that you do not make use of automated submission tools. This will reduce your link approval rates.

Regards,
    Selva

17. Jackbajaj

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    really good tips for directory submission, i like it...

18. Ultima

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thanks for great information, I'll check my directories if they fit those tips :)

19. boon_pal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Directory submission also helps in local marketing and lead generation.

20. lucymaclellan99

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hi ellis123
    I like your point number 2 it clear my doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.