Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion 10 Important And Free Blogging Tools - Every Blogger Should Have

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by skylimit, Jan 16, 2016.

1. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    If you are in the Blogging business, it is said that, one should start from scratch. Scratch meaning, use of available free tools, this will help you in blogging business.

There are lots of options to pick from Internet but what I believe are the best and important are listed below. These tools will help you to start, straight from blogging to promotion, writing useful articles to SEO.

Here we go.

10 Important and Free Blogging Tools - Every Blogger should Have

1. Gmail - Gmail is a Free Email service, known to many existing bloggers. Email is the backbone of blogging, without Email its like Superman without its powers. Gmail provides 15GB of free space, you can backup whatever data you want.
    gmailbygoogle.

2. Google calendar and Google Drive - Google Calendar is a time management web application, you can manage your day to day schedule. Google calendar will alarm your business meetings, deadlines, etc. Google Calendar is available on Mobile app too. With the help of Google drive users can save files, photos, videos and synchronize it anywhere in the world. This application uses cloud platform and can be easily accessible. Google drive is now available on mobile platforms.
    3. Google Analytics -
    • With the help of Google analytics you can keep track of your readers,location, geo based traffic.
    • Helps you analyze your audience, traffic.
    • Audience behaviour
    • Data management
    • App and website performance
    • Advertising performance - Adwords
    • Site Search
    • SEO reports - if you have Google webmaster tool enabled
    4. Google Adsense - Need cash? Know how to blog and write?Adsense is the best way to earn money. Start with some helpful articles, Good number of audience, SEO and you will see the result. You can use Adwords to advertise your blog.

5. Feedburner- Google Feedburner allows you to create RSS Feed for your website. I found this tool easy to use as compare to others. You can also use Feedburner plugin.

6. Polish my writing - Double check your grammar with this free tool. Now make no mistake while writing your blog. Why this tool - you need to be professional at what you are writing.

7. Mailchimp - Its an Email Management system, helps you to track your subscribers. After 2,000 subscribers it will charge you monthly. Mailchimp shows which emails have read and which not.

Mailchimp.

8. SEOquake - Its a free toolbar and have lots of features. You can check blog PR, number of indexed pages, Alexa rank, web archives, IP lookup, Technorati Index, check robots,txt, wikipedia, internal/external links. Some new features include- facebook ad tracking, another handy feature is Diagnosis, it will instantly show what error your blog is having and a solution to fix it.

seoquake.

9. Plagiarism checker - 100% free, easy and no download or installation. There are lots of tools but i found this tool useful for finding duplicate content. Unique content makes our blog unique, so make a habit.

10. Pixlr - An image editor, allows to edit images, layers, replace color, creative effects and many more.

Feedburner tool is not important as it was before and many people have suggested not to use, but I mention it because its owned by Google.

I hope I have covered everything that is required to start a blog. If you have any suggestions for free blogging tools you can always comment below.

2. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I am not getting Gmail how it gone as a tool as it is just an email to send and receive mails, store data. Have you ever done backup using this Gmail storage? If it is a large site, then I believe Gmail wouldn't allow to backup the data.
    Adsense is not important for every blogger since it pay pennies not in dollars all the time. They approve only the sites that have 6 months minimum old.

3. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    By gmail, do you mean a gmail account that helps you easily get into blogger sites & other blog networks, did you meant that?

Other things are pretty well written & are necessary for bloggers to start.

4. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    The tool you shared called polish my writing is awesome. Before you submit your article to your client, check it with this tool.

5. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Yes, these are the basic needs for any webmaster or blogger. Having a gmail account already supply you Ad-sense and Analytic program. However, Join Ad-sense may not be necessary for every blogger if he does not meant to join Ad-sense program.
    Having plagiarism checking tool really benefits for having original content every time when you post a new content or blogpost.
    SEO quake definitely is an essential need that produces the SEO score and always let you updated about your website.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I think these free blogging tools are essential and important. I don't have an Adsense account (it was banned years ago) until I form a company of my own or having a spouse. I also wanna add something to your #9 point, though. Although you did mention about plagiarism checker, but you didn't mention what are those sites are. Anyway, I'll just add it myself and I choose Copyscape over the rest. It's the best plagiarism checker out there to be included in your free blogging tools. Seoquake is also important to check the stats of your competitors blogs when doing search on Google. Thanks for this one.

7. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Google Docs provides a lot of free writing tools for bloggers. It is one of the best free word processing tools for bloggers to write and save their blog posts. Google Docs allows you to save your documents on the cloud. You can link other people to access and make edits to the documents. The documents can be easily exported in PDF. The best thing is that there is no need to install any software on the computer.

8. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Of the tools you have listed above, I only have two. Gmail and Google analytics. However though my blog is young so I can be excused for not having many of this tools that will help me in my blogging journey. I will check out the other tools and see which once I will consider having. Especially the SEOquake and the polish my writing tools. Those have really impressed me and they could benefit my blog a lot. As for the Google Adsense, I will still have to wait to get much traffic to my site else it will be useless.

9. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Google webmaster tool is also very important I think you missed it..there we can authorize our blog and it's useful for creating site map and its for indexing our blog in Google,too..and all of those mentioned tools are need to have for bloggers and Adsense is not in the game of play in the beginning, smallseotools is also great free tools for checking duplicate content.. And I love your entry #6 polish my writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Polish my writing is associated with After the deadline which is also a online tool.
    Yes Google Webmaster tool is important, you can check errors on your website, robots.txt.
    I have mention it in 3rd point, but should have explained it more.

Are you sure? Because no one pays better than Adsense.
    6 months acceptance policy can be avoided - your domain should be unique and contains everything unique from content to on page optimization, discuss on google forums with particular moderators, avoid doing bad SEO, make sure you follow there rules and all latest updates. Try these steps and you will get approved in less than 6 months.

11. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I agree with you, most of tips you provided here will help in your blogging experience although it depends on ones personal choice. I would go for all these tips besides having some of my own choices too. As I am not on blogspot therefore I have developed my own way apart from Google help.

12. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I am sure there is no other PPC that pays better than Adsense when i was promoting them, do you have any site that pays good amount.
    It is easy to get accepted in adsense, last month My friend got approved from my blog and he is now using on his own sites.
    How about to the newbies, and most people here posting they want an adsense account, but they still don't know how it is inside.

Polish my writing i not checking correctly as Check grammer site, do you get correct grammer using this site?
    Edit:
    The site is working great and showing errors to correct them.

#12 bharath, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:35 AM
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  13. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I am using most of these tools.However, feedburner and polish my writing both are new to me. Since I write my own content, I don't feel the necessity to use a plagiarism checker.

14. Nocturnal Writer

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Excuse me. I have to disagree with when you said or defined what is scratch. Scratch means raw materials which have to be used. The things you have mentioned here are already established. They have already a name and brand to boost about for their job and performance.

I may say therefore, as a beginner blogger whose blog site is one or two years and who needs to improve his blog site, in other to give more fuel, so that his blog would speed up and be able to catch up other blogs. These things you mentioned are best help for that matter.

15. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    If you want to edit your pictures for free you can download gimp. It's open source and completely free. If you haven't used it before you can look for videos on YouTube to get you started.