10 posts required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Because of spammers, we have implimented a function that means you need at least 10 post before you can add a signature of post links in this forum.
Thanks

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
You may want to also add a function to prevent members from adding a website to their profile until they have the same number of posts.

I found the best way of stopping the spam bots from creating bogus forum accounts and posts was to add a CAPTCHA code everywhere.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Well it seems fair to allow an user to have a signature just when he reaches 10 posts. Also WWT idea's is a good one , maybe we can implement is too

B

bermuda

Hi,

It certainly will make clear that the ones interested in the forum will only post useful topics.

W

WTM

But you also do not want to frustrate genuine members as if its to restrictive they will go elsewhere
I would disagree with you here Temi - genuine members do not join the forum with one single goal in mind to get signature links.

I saw many times someone runs post count with useless replies just to get live links enabled.

You shouldn't have disclosed min amount of posts and may be also add minimum account age criteria (a week or two)...

Status
Not open for further replies.