$299 To Get In Yahoo`s Directory - Is It Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Would you pay $299 a year for your site to be included in the Yahoo directory? And would you be prepared to lose the initial $299 with no guarantee it will even be accepted?

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Part of their advertising blurb-

Getting answers fast is important to your business. With Yahoo! Directory Submit, your request to be listed in the Directory will be reviewed and the Yahoo! editorial team will respond to you within 7 business days, for a review fee of only $299 ($600 for adult sites). If your listing is accepted into the Directory, there will be a $299 recurring annual fee in subsequent years ($600 for adult sites) to maintain the listing.

odls

Yellow Belt
I suppose it guarantees you a very high PR backlink.

Whether it's worth the money or not is debatable, maybe trial and error and take the chance for one year see how it goes?

kks_krishna

Yellow Belt
I don't think it is worth. Your site will be indexed only if it has quality ( Google says). I don't believe on paying money just for adding it in the directory. If it is few $ then its fine. But, $299 is not small money to spend. Just my opinion. what others think?

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
I wouldn't pay that amount for the value of the link. But, it might be worthwhile if it brought in a lot of additional good-quality traffic who made some purchases.

Having said that, I'd still want some guarantees. Too much to spend on speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.