Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion 3 Ways How Seo Can Help Your Small Business Grow

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by Zak, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    Many business owners wonder: What is SEO?

A brief answer would be, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a collection of techniques that help a business website rank high in popular search engines like Google. Figure out a situation whereby you search a particular key phrase or keyword such as “Dentist Houston” and you see a lot of results appearing on the first page of Google. If you click on the button for next page, you will be able to see more results. Essentially, it is the work of SEO to rank sites on different pages of Google. Actually, every small business owner would want their business website to be ranked in the first page of Google. That is the reason they opt for Search Engine Optimization.

Now, you may wonder how is SEO helpful to small businesses like the one you have or planning to start? Your questions are answered here, this article aims to explain SEO can do wonders for your small business and help it grow online.

Fight the competition with keyword rich content

Firstly, the obvious one is that SEO helps small businesses have their websites ranked in the first pages of Google. Bear in mind that the online market is highly competitive. In fact, big companies have almost dominated the whole market. So, surviving such stiff competition is not that easy. What small businesses people should do is to have the content on their websites optimized for search engines. The content must contain relevant keywords that potential customers can easily search and find them. For instance, if you offer dental health care services, you must have several keywords of with the name “dentist” and also the location where you usually practice. By so doing, you will increase your online presence and many prospective clients will be able to find you whenever they search the keywords on Google.

Higher Search Engine Traffic = Higher Profits

Next, increased sales are noticed as a result of proper SEO. When more and more potential clients continue to search on Google, they will be able to find solutions to their problems. In fact, they will be able to easily locate those business sites they are looking for. This increases traffic to such websites. If the websites are attractive and easy to navigate, many people will spend more time there checking what is on offer. If they like the products or services, they will be converted into real customers, and this leads to more sales. Eventually, increased profits will be realized. This is what is referred to as SEO for small businesses.

Bottomline

The bottom line is, if you want to take your business to the next level, you should consider employing SEO. It is advisable to partner with a reputable SEO agency that will perform various tasks on your behalf such as updating the content on your site, proposing improvements, as well as giving you reports on the performance of your website. Always invest your time properly to find the best SEO Company with which to partner.

2. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    In these days finding a best SEO company is hardest thing as it totally changed.. You know myblogguest has banned for building links through guest posts and few of the other similar sites closed.
    Currently people are SEO and SMO are both benefits for gaining leads, but what I think is it is tough to stay on first page forever.

3. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    @bharath@bharath I agree it is hard to find a good SEO company, but that is the same as finding a good hosting company or a good software company. But, once you are able to collaborate with a good SEO company you will certainly see results. Mind you, good SEO companies are really expensive and small sites should not even try to hire an SEO company for cheap fees, such cheap companies are run by amateurs who have half knowledge and will just spam everywhere with your links and cause more problems than solutions. For a small business it is best to work with a good freelance seo cosultant with specific goals and tracking mechanisms in place. A lot of the on-site SEO can be done by the small business owner themselves if they spend time to learn.

If you can optimize your website with all the above suggestions, it can go a long way in increasing your search engine traffic and potential customers. Quality content is the key to SEO in today's world and junk and spammed backlinks will only cause damage to your SEO efforts. Don't buy cheap links and don't hire people to post your link everywhere, those are outdated practices which damage a website ranking today.

It is certainly tough to stay on the first page because SEO is dynamic, as you are building your site, ten thousand other competitors are building their sites as well, so the competition is fierce and only businesses who invest in a long term SEO strategies are able to maintain a decent rank in search engine result pages. SEO is not one time, but it is an ongoing service for a business to continue gaining customers.

4. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    It's true finding an SEO company is not an easy task. Also finding a cheap SEO company si not possible. SEO companies are charging huge amount of money these days. Therefore, normal people having low budget can't hire them. In that case, we should not go with SEO companies. Rather learn SEO and implement it on our sites.

Udemy is a famous site and there are a lot of courses on their site. You can buy an SEO course from their database and learn from it. The person providing course will also help us ranking our site. That's why buying a course from Udemy is very helpful for beginners. We can learn everything about SEO and then use it on our site. There will be nothing to do with SEO companies, but we can do SEO at our own. The main benefit is we can do it as many times as we want on different sites.

5. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Search engines are a great source of traffic to websites and articles. Search engine traffic is organic traffic. which means if you optimize the content for search engine your content will receive regular traffic. Traffic means ad impression as well as more chances for ad clicks.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I agree with one thing about your SEO thread @Zak@Zak, which is to fight competition with keyword rich content. This is one key problem that I had before when I am doing SEO for my own blog. I tried to rank it very well on Google despite the unforgiving Panda and Penguin, but I realized that this is one key thing that is lacking on me. I did do my homework and implemented it, and eventually I see results on my own. For me, I think this will help a lot of webmasters who are having troubles in ranking their websites because of no keyword-rich content.

7. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Before you hire an agency to have your site optimized with SEO, consider asking ways they will use to promote your site.

8. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Using long tail keywords would be a better option instead of using short keywords due to high competition. So they should be used accurately.

9. Bilal Nasir

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    SEO can really help you promote your small business and hiring SEO guys is not going to be that much expensive.

10. terryse

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    My own experience is that if you're a small business with quality content but your keyword or niche has intense competition, i'd advice staying away from such keywords. Probably too many big-time players will be competing with you to let you rise to the top in the search engine rankings.

11. JWill

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Excellent suggestions. SEO should be the first step taken by any online business and possibly offline businesses as well. You're basically getting free, highly targeted visitors to your website. In my experience there's no other way of getting traffic that's more cost effective than SEO.

12. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    This really true that SEO not only helps websites but business too. People start their website without any knowledge about SEO. However, it should not be neglected from any website owner's mind. SEO is just like the backbone of any site. If a site lacks proper SEO, it is just a bunch of text and images. Hence, we should always focus on SEO and give it first priority.

Now for business owners, we can say that they always want to increase product sales. This can be done only if the product is shown to customers. Now the website is the most popular and useful way of getting the attention of people. Every business owner must have a website. But having a website is not enough for the business to be promoted. SEO must be taken in consideration for ranking the site. If the site ranks higher it will get more traffic. The more we will get customers for the product.