Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question 301 Redirect On Other Domain.

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by niranjan kumar, Mar 7, 2016.

1. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    I have a old website that have a lot of visitors such as 300k in a month, but i want to 301 redirect on my new domain. Can i get through this my all visitor are transferred on my new domain. it's a white hat search engine optimization or black hat.

2. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    You will lose valuable visitors, rankings in Serp, there is no guarantee that your new site will rank as your old site. My suggestion is to keep the old as it is now because of no updates from Google. If you still wants to do then it's upto you, but ranking doesn't happen on the new website.

3. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    In the directory of your old website, create a new .htaccess file or edit the existing .htaccess file and add the code below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule (.*) yourwebsite.com [R=301,L]:

Now, visitors who go to your old website will automatically be redirected to the homepage of your new website.