Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents 4 Ways To Increase Your Reputation As A Forum Marketer

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by cheezcarls, Dec 23, 2015.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    To become a reliable and respected member and marketer in any forum or community, you need to do something that can make them like you. As forum members, our purpose was to learn, contribute and help members in anything that is related to the forum's niche. We must have the mentality of helping them, not to make money by posting useless and low quality replies. After all, we can still make money as long we help them first.

I have experienced it myself that when I don't have this mentality of helping people, I realized I was wrong. I was quickly banned by some forums because of my low quality and meaningless posts and replies that I have contributed. I was in advertising mode, trying to get traffic to my forum signature and was quickly removed from the forums. I had to admit that there are forums (I won't disclose their names) that banned me for life because of my simple mistake.

Now that I have learned about my mistake, I have realized that I had to do better in order to become a respected member and marketer in any forum. Once you are a respected member in any forum, you get increased reputation and may be recommended to others. Whether you are just doing it for passion or for business, you will get more than you expected as long you are a respected member in any forum.

I am going to share to you the four ways you can do to increase your reputation as a forum marketer. It will help you become a respected member in any forum.

content-marketing-strategy.

Correct your intentions

This is the first and important step that you should be doing before doing the other three ways, and that is to correct your intentions. If you are just having intentions to join a forum and make some money by posting low quality, spammy and irrelevant posts, you are in a wrong place.

You can get removed or banned very quickly if you are doing this in a forum community. Worse of all, your IP could be blacklisted. Once you correct your intentions by helping and learning first, eventually money will come after. Take note that forum marketing is not a way to make money instantly. Build relationships first before offering a solution.

Blog_evergreen-content_081215_list1.

Post informative content daily

So far, I find this very effective no matter what forum or community you are in. People out there are looking for useful information that could help them in their life aspect, and they do need them. Your role as a forum member or marketer is to provide them free information that is related to the forum's section.

For example, if you are into make money section, you should look how other members are posting informative and valuable threads that give more engagement to the community. If they can do good, you can do better than them. My advice for you is not just to post content, but rather post at least one or more images and embedded Youtube videos. In this way, you may be getting increased engagement from the community. Not only you will be getting engagement, some of them may give you a positive reputation and respect from them. Once you are doing this to them, they are willing to check out something you promote without hesitation. Persistence is the key, and you'll get over it.

Giving free advice to a member

To tell you the truth, this is actually my favorite thing to do in any forum. People out there are seeking for help or advice in any topic, and we are going to offer something to them. Once we give advice that could help the community or forum member, he or she will thank you and may consider you as a friend. But not only as a friend, but a respected member of the forum. Let's say one forum member has posted a thread asking for advice. All you have to do is simply post the best answer for the thread starter. Simple as that. You can do that no matter what forum are you in.

value-620-320.

If you're selling something, make sure the member gets more than what he or she spent

This can only be done once you have build enough relationship and reputation towards the community. If you are selling something, you can either put that in your forum signature or in a website marketplace (if there's any). But make sure that when you are selling something to the community, it does give value and can give more than what they've spent. For example, if you are selling a SEO service to the community, make sure you overdeliver the expectations of the customer. It's one key that you can increase reputation in the community.

No one is perfect here, especially in forum marketing. But if you are going to follow these tips to increase your reputation and being a respected forum member or marketer, for sure you will see bigger results later on. Try to apply this for yourself, and you'll see the changes and outcome in you.

2. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    In short -
    Correct your intentions
    NO promotions, no referrals, no negativity
    Post informative content daily
    Exclusive content
    Giving free advice to a member
    Without any CATCH.
    If you're selling something, make sure the member gets more than what he or she spent
    Include free trials, offer money back guarantee, support.
    Hope OP is agree?? :)

3. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    I am glad while reading the post, it is really loaded with worth reading material. Forum marketing is a high ROI strategy because making a good impression in front of this savvy and influential audience can help your marketing message spread far and wide. You should look for popular forums that cover your niche topic. Asking your employees, suppliers, and customers which online communities they hang out in can be the good starting point.

4. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    The items you are intending to sell out through the forum's member, should be useful and help them achieve their goals by buying your product.

5. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes you are right being loyal to what you are doing can help you reach your goals easily and It also creates a friendly atmosphere as well.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I appreciate all of your responses. I would like to add something into this article of mine. The most important thing that we should be doing as forum marketer is patience. As new members of the community, your goal is to build reputation and trust first to others. Although it takes time for you to do this on your own, but it is going to be worth in the long run. Think about some of the large businesses today. It took them so many years of sacrifice before they are making a difference and become successful. The same thing goes to being a forum marketer. You just treat this as a business. Never look at today, tomorrow, weeks or months, but rather look on who you are in the future.

7. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Always, get ready to help other members of the forum, solve their issues regarding their question and make them like you and your sharings.

8. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I agree that one should fully utilize the existence of forums and not merely think of how it can add money to your pocket. Aside from helping members, comprehensive and meaty response also help the person in thinking smart and do necessary research.