Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Experience 5 Tools You Can Use For Web-design In 2016

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Tools' started by PrashantD, Feb 10, 2016.

1. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    The web is evolving with time and the tools to design web are also changing. The days of tedious hand coding are gone and feature laden developer tools are not the main options either. With the mobile devices becoming main choice of web users, designers are turning to new era graphic design tools to make mobile friendly websites with interactive enticing elements. These tools ease the process of web design and make websites that work seamlessly across various devices and PCs.

Below listed are some of the emerging and popular web design tools you can pick from.

[​IMG]

Affinity
    Developed by serif, Affinity is being hailed as the new era Photoshop by a lot of people. It is amazingly easy to use and the star feature of the app is its adjustable nondestructive layers. This feature ensures you can edit either vector graphics or images without making permanent changes to them. Not all web and graphic design tools let you use 1,000,000 percent zoom. This lets perfectionist users work with absolutely accuracy- more so with vector objects. The History and Undo features are also useful. It is not free but you get a lot of features for the price.

Avocode
    Do you have a lot of Photoshop and Sketch designs and wish there was a simple way to use those assets in a website. Avocode has a Photoshop plugin and using this you can get PSD files into the app with a single click. The users get good control over SVG exporting. The developers will not even need to use Photoshop or Sketch.

Pixate
    It is an app available for iOS and Android that is pretty intuitive to use and make design prototypes. It is absolutely easy to use and the drag and drop workflow minimizes learning curve. The app is designed with care. The app’s live feed in device let users experiment with designs and see the changes real time.

Antetype
    Antetype lets you generate functional and interactive UIs for both website and apps. Its aim is creating high-fidelity prototypes. Its widgets and auto layouts help developers start with a framework. With the tool, you can start designing UIs for Windows, Android and iOS. The existence of an active community also makes things easier for the beginners. Creating effective prototypes with the tools for showing to a client is simple.

[​IMG]

Sketch
    Well, Sketch is not exactly a new contender in web design! However, the company behind Sketch has ensured the tool gets new and useful features which has kept it relevant for designers, over the years. The simplified vector modes, symbols and enhancements in exporting make the app even more enticing. Incorporation of CSS Logic has also made things better for designers.

What's your take on the above mentioned tools? Let us know what other tools you know of, but are not included in the list so that the users can avail the benefits of using those as well.

2. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Yes they are looking interesting and also very easy to use. Really about 4 out of 5 i have never heard even ,Generally i always use adobe Photoshop for the designing purpose or themes from internet. But will surely want to try these. Avocode tool is looking what i required for.
    Can you also share the links or path from where I can have this tool?

3. SirJoe

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I normally code my sites from scratch but I find that there are tools that can do the same with much less work. I think the era of building a site purely from code is getting to a end, unless you have a big site and can afford a HTML programmer.

4. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Here it is @krishatg@krishatg: Avocode – The bridge between designers and developers
    Please note that this product comes at a price. However, you can try it before you buy. You can download the trial version from their official website.

5. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Thanks for the link @PrashantD@PrashantD. Have you ever worked on this tool? I will download and install it and try to use it, If there will be any problem i will ask you. Please also provide if you have any of the document type material related to this tool.

6. Friclya

White Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    I have used the sketch a lot so I can say I'm familiar with its working pattern but while designing websites I usually use the builtin website builder feature available in the hosting. I have never tried these software that you have mentioned but it seems to be quite a premium stuffs. Therefore I have subscribed to Avocode and bought a membership, I must say the software literally does the job as it states. Initially it was a little bit difficult but after going through their tutorials I can say I mastered it quite well plus the GUI is also great which helped me to figure out the use of different option. So, thank you for reference to this software.

7. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    No probs @krishatg@krishatg. Yes, I've worked on this tool myself. Never used any documentation, just learnt it on my own by watching a few videos and playing with the software. You can refer to the videos on Youtube here. Should you encounter any problem, feel free to PM me. :)

8. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Thumbs up for Sketch! So far, this is one of the best web designing tools that I have ever seen in my life. Even though that I am not a designer, but my friend is. Years ago, we have a coffee and he showed me on what he is doing lately, and I found out that he is using Sketch as his main web designing tool. His designs were awesome, but what I have seen here in Sketch is the entire interface of it. I do have plans to learn about web designing, and I would likely consider to use Sketch as my own web designing tool in the future. Cheers!

9. RADHESHYAM GUPTA

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Thank you for your experience really these software Affinity, Avocode and Pixate making are good web design, But i use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and coral draw. It is also a one of the best web designing software, SO i think you should need to use all of three like Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and coral draw then you can say that your experience "5 Tools You Can Use For Web-design In 2016".

10. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    In today's world everything is available online. If you are a good programmer you can code a whole website and if not just search for an online tool and you will get everything there. Depending on the features you need just select one.The tools which are described above are no matter best but do some more research.