My 2 Cents 56k dial up still exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
yes its for people who wish to connect, download email and then log off. No need to shell ut broadband cost if you only use it for minimal usage

If it comes with your telly / phone / whatever then i'd get it cos it'll probably enable you to get a bundle deal and make it cheaper

Peace

wasku

Yellow Belt
I used it once when i was in grade 6. It made me angry. But month later they upgraded to cable so which was great lol

wasku

Yellow Belt
YES but this was like 9 or 11 years ago. hmm im not exactly sure how many years ago. But it was a long time ago

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
I worked in a school that ran its entire WWW of a dual ISDN line. I was fortunate to be there when they got a 10Mb line which was cool

Peace

Glitto

Yellow Belt
Yes, The 56K dialup still exist and I think it will be existing for many years ahead cuz dialup is still a very easy source to connect to the internet (atleast here in pakistan). Many people don't know much about internet so they just install a modem and use dialup. They dont know much about cable net and DSL stuff.

Me too going to get a dialup line soon cuz my cable net (Ethernet) disturbs me alot.

I know, dialup will be slow but i will try to manage it :)

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
dialup

Its cheap if you pay by the minute (usually a penny a minute) and all you do is connect, download 20kb of data and disconnect. This would amount to about 1 pound (or 60 cents for you americans) a month. This is cheaper and far more practical than ANY broadband package.

Anything other than this and maybe instant messaging then id get broadband but it does have its use. Most people think they all use the web the same which is not the case as I have shown in my example

You just need to open your eyes and minds

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.