Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial 6 Google Adsense Alternatives To Monetize Your Website

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by Zirkon Kalti, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Many webmasters are not able to monetize their websites with Adsense because their applications got rejected by Google. Recently, Google has been closing down a lot of Adsense accounts. If you can't use Adsense, you should not give up as there are many Adsense alternatives. The following are six Adsense alternatives you can use to generate income from your site.

adsense-alternatives.

1. Chitika Ads

Chitika ads are very similar to Adsense. One common point is that you get to customize the color scheme of the ads. Chitika has a much lower withdrawal minimum than Adsense. They will send you payment via Paypal once the balance in your Chitika account reach $10. If you choose to receive the payment via check, you must have at least $50 in your account.

2. Kontera

Kontera is a type of in text advertising that display ads depending on the keyword in the content of your site. When it detects a relevant keyword, it will hyperlink it. The hyperlinked text ad is underlined. Besides text ads, Kontera also offer image and video ads.

3. Infolinks

Infolinks is an in-text advertising where it will insert a hyperlinked text ad into the site's content. Infolink ads won't override the hyperlinked keywords in the site's content. To install Infolink ads into your site, all you need to do is to paste a HTML code into the page where you want to display the ads. You can customize the location, appearance and number of ads that will appear on a blog. The minimum withdrawal requirement is $50 for paypal withdrawal and $100 for bank wire withdrawal.

4. Adversal

Adversal is a CPM ad network that pay publishers by per impression instead of per clicks. Adversal provides banner ads as well as pop under ads. To get approved for Adversal, your site must have at least 50,000 pageviews. It accepts websites from developing countries such as India, Pakistan and Indonesia. If your site has North American and European traffic, you will receive better CPM rates. Adversal has a low minimum withdrawal threshold of $20.

5. VigLink

VigLink can convert the existing links on your site into affiliate links that send your visitors to the product pages. For example, if you write a post on a camera, it will add camera affiliate links into the content of your post. You will earn a commission if your visitor purchase a product via the affiliate link. WordPress users can use a plugin to install the ads. VigLink can be used with Adsense. It supports various types of platforms including blogs and forums.

6. Bidvertiser

Bidvertiser is a PPC advertising network launched in 2003. You earn money when someone clicks on your Bidvertiser ads. There are lots of ad formats including rectangle, banner, button, skyscraper, slider ads, half page ad and mobile ads. You can earn money by promoting the customized toolbar you created with the toolbar creator. Publishers are paid at the month end. It supports various payment methods including Paypal, Western Union, check and bank wire. The threshold for Paypal and bank wire withdrawal is $10. You must have at least $100 in your account balance if you want to withdraw via Western Union or check.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    How good is the payout rates of Kontera. I used to have both Infolinks and Kontera around 3years ago on my websites, but removed Kontera as I was getting a lot less CPC from them. Is it the same now as well or has Kontera improved?

3. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    There is no such thing as an adsense alternative. There is adsense, and then there are other companies you can use if you can´t have adsense. The payout on any of those sites will be a fraction, maybe 10% of what you can make through adsense. Thre are many affiliate programs that can compete with Adsense as far as a spot on your website, but none of those companies listed above are even going to be close to Adsense.

4. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    While agree to some extent with @Petesede@Petesede, actually most of those companies listed above, including Adsense, are not longer the best options when it comes to make money from contextual advertising.

And probably most of you will agree with this, if I bring to the table all of those articles you are now seeing in a large number of websites, from those like the Huntington Post to the most humble website you can think about.

I'm talking about content (against contextual) advertising, which is powered by Taboola, Outbrain and many other services, which is not only a best money-making option, but also provides your website with relevant featured content.

5. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    I would say Adsense still remains the king of PPC advertising, it has a huge marketshare and has its tentacles in almost every country and every niche and every platform created. Google's has user's browsing histories (when not hidden by members) and so much information that they are certainly capable of showing the most appropriate ads based on content. Yes, we have these content advertising options like Taboola and Outbrain but they are still yet to grow and improve when it comes to showing the right content.

At most what they do is show ads based on the category of a website, like furniture ads in interior design blogs. But, google can customize those ads in a way to show the exact product being sold at an advertiser's online store with its latest price and a direct call-to-action button to buy it... this is what advertisers want and they are paying a hefty price for these clicks on Adsense, if you look at the lowest bids for some of the keywords, it is astonishing.

Not to mention Adsense for Premium Publishers where Google Ads disappear into the content and generate a higher percentage of clicks. I remember an episode from a vulgar cartoon tv show South Park where they are talking about how ads have not gone away but disguised as content, as infomercials, as news articles. Today's consumers can hardly differentiate between an ad and a news article.

Bottomline from me, yea they are "alternatives" to Adsense, but they are not really "alternatives" rather something to use if you are ineligible to use Adsense or got banned by Google Adsense. These alternatives neither pay as much nor are so successful as of now.

Google has a monopoly on the internet search and marketing world today, we really need a competitor but neither Bing nor Yahoo could come up with anything sophisticated or user friendly as Google yet. I wonder who will be ruling the search engine world in years after 2020.

6. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Experienced the same thing. Kontera approached me to display their ads on my website, but the earnings were not comparable to Adsense. No other ad network is.

7. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Is Taboola really that effective. I would imagine it depends largely on the content on your website. If you are writing about topics without specific high-paying advertisers, you probably can do well on Taboola, for instance blogging about tv shows. But for me, I write mainly about a topic that has a lot of high paying advertisers.. Taboola could never compete with adsenes just because of my topics.

8. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    It is true that Taboola, in fact no one, can compete with Adsense as far as payout is cocnerned. It's just different style of advertising. Another thing to consider is that people usually click on Taboola's content based advertising more than they do on regular PPC banners resulting in higher CTR. Still the overall PPC differs is just because different niches pay differently as you said and content based advertising is not suitable for all websites.

9. haris

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    You forgot Propeller Ads: one of the biggest pop-under networks available. They started working on 2011 and quickly developed into one of the biggest networks with great CPMs. They specialize in monetizing websites for the following niches: entertainment, videos/movies, games, dating, finances, software, gambling and more. If you’ve got one of this sites, you could make more money with Propeller than with Adsense. They also have banners but the pop unders work better overall. Also, if you’ve got mobile traffic, they’re a great Adsense alternative as they work closely with ad networks that monetize apps and mobile services leading to huge ROIs and great CPMs too.

10. deewanna

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I have found out that most AdSense alternatives can actually hurt a website because they are not up to the AdSense standard. That's why I'm always weary of these types of ad network. You never know what kind of harm they are causing.

11. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    Well it's not about competing with Adsense, is about competing with your earnings.

You may find that Taboola has poor conversion if your site is not the kind of site that matches with content Taboola delivers, or if your layout is not set in the misleading way most websites and companies are integrating this content to get clicks.

However I would say that if even large companies are using Taboola to monetize privileging this solution over AdSense, it has to be for something.

Even though, for people who makes more money with contextual advertising that AdSense delivers, well, this was the best paying program when it was just started. Today AdSense doesn't pay a fraction of what it used to pay then, yet you can make a decent money, but there are other contextual advertising sevices that pay better than Adsense, such as 7search.com

12. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Definitely, in the post above you they mentioned pop-unders.. That is one of the quickest ways to lose viewers. Yes, you can make a decent CPM, but you are not going to have as many repeat visitors and your website will be short-lived. It is fine for people who churn their domain names, but IMHO, it is wiser to build your website like a brand and have people who favorite it. Also Google search hates it because it is considered bad user experience. So yeah, higher CPM, but a drastically lower PVs

13. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have used Chitika but without any success.
    I was rejected by infolinks. can you apply again?
    I am using Bidvertiser but I have not earned even a penny.
    KOntera, Adversal, and viglink are very new to me. I will check these ad networks and see if I can get approval

14. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I don't know about 7search, what kind of ad network is it? Is is a pay per click program similar to adsense, or contextual linking such as infolinks and vigilinks?
    These days I seemany companies using Taboola. The contents on Taboola looks interesting and there are more chances of clicks. I think Taboola is a better option however, when I checked the website, I did not find how to join the ad network

15. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    To tell you honestly, I have already tried Bidvertiser on my own and I indeed earned a little with them. But it didn't take long because I was also banned by them due to violating one of their rules. I also know Chitika, Kontera and Infolinks, but my earnings are pretty low compare to Google Adsense before. But I would see some potential from these alternatives if we know how to play by their rules, and to make more high quality sites to be maintained.

Thank you @Zirkon Kalti@Zirkon Kalti for this wonderful post about the Google Adsense alternatives. These are useful for newbies and beginners who are still new to make money online aside from Google Adsense alone.

16. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    1. Chitika Ads - I have used them and there pay is horrible, if you earn 100$ with Adsense you will earn 20$ with Chitika ads and also you need lots of lots traffic to get paid.
    2> Kontera - Never worked with them.
    3- Infolinks - It was easier before to earn with them but after Google started making updates they started banning their publishers.They were banning in-active users and low earners.
    4 - viglinks - Never worked with them
    5 - Bidvertiser - Same as Chitika ads, but terrible network, pays you very low. They have program in which they pays your 20$ if you are struggling for traffic.
    6- Adversal - Never worked with them.

17. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    You just have to look at it from the other side of the equation. If you were an advertiser, why would you go anywhere else but Google Adwords?

Just to use Chikita and Bidvertiser as examples.. Has anyone bought any amount of advertising from them? I think many of us maybe messed around with a free coupon from them, but i would never spend any of my own money there because of the fraud and low quality of traffic their ads bring. Because they have so few advertisers, there is no competition for keywords. On Google Adwords, if I want to buy traffic, I would pay like $2 per click for a single visitor for many of my keywords. In Chikita and Bidvertiser, I could easily buy traffic for the minimum price, but more than likely it would be a bunch of 1 second visitors from India.

18. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Do any of you guys have personal experience with Taboola? I understand it's different to Adsense. How were your earnings?

19. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Love to use Chitika but wanted to ask if they need a typical view pages or articles to get approved with this program. .

20. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I hear Media.Net is good.Has anyone on this forum used Media.Net? I am interested in Taboola, can anyone tell me what are the requirements for joining Taboola.