News/ Info 8 Myths Related To Internet Security

Zak

These are 8 myths that are hard to die which are related to internet and computers.

1. Macs are completely secure from viruses

The world's first computer viruses appeared on a Mac, believe it or not. The year was 1982 and the program was called Cloner. But ever since then, Apple computers are being coated with a largely undeserved reputation for being absolutely safe from intrusion and malware. That is not true at all, but it is an idea that springs from the competitor Microsoft Windows that at times has been extremely vulnerable. Mac has thus been comparatively safe, but not completely safe. In addition, the platform has only now got the market share that the problems started to be addressed. 2004 came the first reports when some 30 vulnerabilities were found in OS X, and today it is a rewarding platform for attackers, precisely because many users still lives in the belief that Macs are surefire and choose not to protect themselves.

2. The risk of being attacked is small

Internet is large. Why would anyone choose just my computer or phone? The hacker rarely sits and chooses his victims with accuracy. Attacks occur on a large scale and with the help of automated tools. Today attacking computers are systematic and behind the attacks are well organized gangs with vast resources and expertise. An average computer without the protection that connects to the Internet is exposed to an attack attempt every seven minutes.

3. Firewall and Antivirus provides full protection

There is no way to protect you to 100 percent. Anti-virus and firewalls makes it absolutely difficult for an attacker to access your information, but to keep your data safe is required for you as a user too. Keeping all software updated so that any vulnerability is prevented is one thing. But above all it is your behavior that determines what you are inviting into your computer system.

4. I have no sensitive information

Yes, you likely have it. You might believe it or not. Data such as passwords, addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers and others are often stored in your computer's cache. Moreover, it is easy to create an impression of you as a person just by reading your emails or study your browsing history. It is a not uncommon practice among intruders and cyber criminals to aggregate information of this nature then steal people's identities online.

5. Apps are safer than browsers

Apps lull us into a false sense of security. The setting - the feeling of being protected inside the app's interface - is deceptive. It's still the same internet, just packaged differently. Quite often we have given the apps rights to pry into everything from our archives to our Facebook accounts. They often get info that where we are, using the location information in the phone. The possibilities are actually more on mobile devices than on desktop computers.

6. Cloud services are secure

We often hear about attacks against large cloud services and how bad they are. But it is very seldom that there is a lack of security in the services themselves, giving rise to intrusions. It’s more often that users are exposed to phishing attacks. Again, it is the individual's behavior that determines the risk. It is important that your cloud service encrypts traffic and have fair terms. In lure of the free cloud services you may pay often with privacy, your information that is scanned and used for advertising or sold for marketing purposes.

7. If I hide my Wi-Fi network, it cannot be hacked

Yes, it is true that most modern routers offer the possibility of making the network "invisible". In this way, many believe that outsiders won’t use the connection, because they are unaware that it exists. Anyone who wants to try to hack into your Wi-Fi is, however, often technically knowledgeable enough to understand that networks are often hidden and can easily visualize even the network where the administrator has chosen to hide the network name.

8. Internet protection makes my device slow

Antivirus software could make a PC more than half as slow as it was without the software installed and often frustrating obstacles come up in everyday work. Today's protection of clients is easy while today's computers and mobile devices have a performance that we could not even dream of in the early 2000s.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
I recommend using Zone Alarm to protect your computer when you are browsing the internet. Zone Alarm will display pop up that prompt you to accept or deny a process that is working in the background. The pop ups may seem annoying but they can help you to prevent intruders into your computer system. The key is that you must know which pop up message to accept and which to deny. I find Kapersky a lousy antivirus software for protection over malware and virus. They always include Kapersky as free antivirus code for you to use.

skylimit

Content Writer
6. Cloud services are secure
Very true= Sony entertainment hacked because there data were on Cloud, right?

1. Macs are completely secure from viruses
I didnt know that.

3. Firewall and Antivirus provides full protection
The name itself have the answer - Anti virus, anyone who can manipulates can spread the virus.

5. Apps are safer than browsers
True =
Check the largest app store and you will find apps full of viruses for sure.

cortana

A poorly coded app is no better than a poorly coded WordPress plugin with vulnerabilities.

djweb

Antivirus systems can't defend against a variety of attacks. The easiest way to get into a system is to send a document or file. The moment you open the file, you start sending packets of info to a hacker. The best way to do things is to always be sure where some file is coming from.

networld

Antivirus systems can't defend against a variety of attacks. The easiest way to get into a system is to send a document or file. The moment you open the file, you start sending packets of info to a hacker. The best way to do things is to always be sure where some file is coming from.
That is right, no system of antivirus can guarantee 100% protection from threats. In fact anything that can be accessed online can be hacked too. I noticed that different antivirus packages has different set of virus data with them. I was using AVG antivirus earlier and it was running smooth, but could not continue as it was eating too much of my CPU memory. Then I installed Bitdefender. As soon as Bitdefender is installed it could locate quite a good number of viruses from my computer. I wonder why AVG was not able to track them.

Renren

I think there is no such thing as perfect, even in the world of computers.
Even antivirus programs are still vulnerable in some virus programs created by the development of the other antivirus programs company.
Which is funny. They are creating viruses to do business.

networld

No antivirus is perfect. They need to keep on updating their virus database at regular intervals to take care of the rising threats. I was using AVG (free edition) as my antivirus for my home computer and later changed it to Bitdefender. As soon I switch over to Bitdefender, it could locate large number of viruses from my computer. I wonder why AVG was not able to detect those malicious programs.

William_l

8 Myths Related To Internet Security are:

• The antivirus will definitely protect us.
  • Only big companies are targeted.
  • Apps are more secured than browsers.
  • Risk of attack is small.
  • We will know when computers are infected.
  • We have no sensitive data.
  • If we don't open emails from unknown addresses, we are safe from viruses.
  • No one figure out our passwords.