A burglar = unauthorise script users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I give my bidding directory script; phplinkbid free for anyone to use but you must leave the credit/link in the footer, if you do not want to do this, then you should use other script.

Some cheeky guy, remove the footer credit and still have the gut to announce his site at lbs forum (see this post)

I equate the guy with a burglar, takes other people's property without their permission.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Temi, unfortunetly this happens all the time, and to be honest I am guilty in this as well, because i usually add nofollow to the copyright links and modify a bit the anchor text as well in order to mask the script (i worry about the hacker attacks).

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I hear you Zoli, but I think its better to keep to the terms of use of a script or not use it at all. I think its not fair on the script owner if you do not keep to his terms

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Temi, you are absolutly right on this. I suppose what you need to do is prevention, I mean encrypting the footer with base64 or something similar solution.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
this happens ALL the time with the free css template sites where people take the template and eliminate the credits in the footer. now I have seen recently that the people who give the themes or scripts out for free code the footer with info that can not be removed. It is coded with some sort of security feature. Pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.