Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question A Question And Help Needed About Seo Panda

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by sunshine, Dec 30, 2015.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Hello there, I have a question regarding SEO and text. Let’s say that I am the owner of a website with url text dot com with tons off texts and content. Then I create a new site with the url texting dot com. I just want to know how will Google react if I take the text and content from my old page and add it to the new site and then delete the old site completely? Will Google panda penalize the new site since I copied the content from my old site to the new one?

2. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Firstly, why would you wanna delete a site and copy paste its content into another site? Unless it is a better domain name, but deleting the site and copy pasting into a different site because your old domain was banned by adsense is not a good idea as it might lead to your new domain being banned by google adsense as well.

To do this correctly, you should not be deleting the old domain name, you should keep the old domain name and redirect from old domain to new domain using a 301 redirect or permanent redirect. This tells Google that your site domain has changed, so all content which is copy pasted is not two sites but the same site, Google will then index your new site and old site will slowly disappear from Google index. This way you can retain all your SEO backlinks from old domain on your new domain.

Some people try to redirect every article from old page to the root or homepage of the new domain - This is WRONG.

You need to redirect every single page from old domain to the matching page on the new domain, for e.g.:

Code:
    Select All
    olddomain.com -> redirect to newdomain.com olddomain.com/contactus -redirect to newdomain.com/contact_form olddomain.com/blog -> newdomain.com/blog olddomain.com/blog/article-one -> redirect to newdomain.com/blog/article-one

If your new domain URL structures are different you can still redirect every page using the correct URL of the new domain. This way when someone clicks your old backlinks to read your page, or google bot tries to read your page using your backlinks, it will redirect properly to the new domain exactly same page, and won't report an error.

Add the new site to your Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to keep track of errors and crawling issues with the new domain.

3. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @Solmak First of all I want you to know that my website is not banned or penalized by google, in fact I want to give it a new appearance along with a new URL (domain name) due to some professional reasons. Words are powerless to express my gratitude for your well researched help, you made my day by sharing your great experience and suggestion.
    Thanks again.

4. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Your old site is not alive, so there is no reason for Google Panda to penalize you just because you copied the removed content.

5. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Although, there is no reason for Google Panda to penalize your site, yet, consider adding unique content to your new site.

6. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    As you want it's not a good idea, you lost your both old and new domain.
    You need to host your all old domain data to a new domain, if you want some changes on your design you can do.
    After establish your new domain redirect your old domain to new domain. It transfer your old domain authority and help you in easily higher rank.

7. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    It is best not to do so just stick with the old domain. If you want to change domain, you should create new content for it. Unless your site is authority and already have a lot of traffic, you will have to redirect the old site to the new domain so that your traffic won't drop.

8. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Thanks @Zirkon Kalti your suggestion appeals to me. Its right to work out on old domain in a proper manner and create other one for other purpose with another unique stuff.

9. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Copy past is the worst idea if your website are banned you can loose your new website also. If website is not banned and you want to change website domain then you can copy the content of the old website for your new website. But in this case you have to maintain totally new content for your new website.

10. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Why would you want to create another site with the same content?