A too long domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms2134

Yellow Belt
Is there such a thing as a too long domain name. A domain name needs to be descriptive and have some way for the readers to have a rough idea of content that it links to before they click on it.

Do you think that a domain name could be too long?

~ Mike

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
yes it can be to long especially if it'S not just one word and you don't use the website behind this domain often it will be hard to remember it correct

G

garyearle

I'll disagree here..as I have domains such as Howtosquashbugs....its the search phrase...and besides..whats more important...length of the name..or whatever advertisement precedes the domain to get people to CLICK on the domain?

Just an opinion

Gary

vicdigi

White Belt
A big problem with long domains is that people often mistype the url and cannot be bothered sometimes - unless of course it is of massive interest with good resources.

Luq

Yellow Belt
Is there such a thing as a too long domain name. A domain name needs to be descriptive and have some way for the readers to have a rough idea of content that it links to before they click on it.

Do you think that a domain name could be too long?

~ Mike
yes I agree with you, but it is not good for domain name to be too long. Short domain name are the best.

C

cyberworld

O Yes, Too long domain can be just like Mambo-jumbo. The best way to pick a URl is.
1. hoose a good domain name and register it
2. It Must be Short
3. That tells what your site is about
4. Make it easy to remember
5. Choose a domain with the letter a or b and should be within 15characters.

Yes use a catchy domain so that search engine can catch and your visitors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.