Adsense - how do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fitnawake

Hi,
I use Adsense with good results. I blend it into the design so its "one-with-the-website", and that gives me the best result.

Anyone in here who has success or not with Adsense?

A

ablaye

Yes, I am having a click-thru rate of 1% for my adsense ads. I also blended the adsense ads with my website background and link colors.
The adsense ads seem to be very well targeted for my website.
I am also offering Yahoo Publisher ads but those seem out of whack. They are not well targeted. I keep getting ads related to logs (that is wood, timber logs) because I have the word "Log in" twice on my page. Somehow, Yahoo Publisher is picking up this word and displaying canadian timber logs ads on the website.

F

fitnawake

i also blend it in, and i got a 1,411.9% and somethimes higher

O

OldWelshGuy

I do allright with it, although it is just fun money really. I am blocking payment everymonth . I have sites running at 16% CTR, and the lowest is my forum (but forums are low).

Do yourself a favour and get an ad tracking script. It will give you so much more information and will doubleyour income at a minimum.

M

Maya

Hello

I use adsense and agree that it is a good idea to blend the adverts into your site design. I must be doing something wrong though as I only get pennies from it.

Is there an optimum number of adverts to put on a page? I know if I see a site with too many adverts, I tend to close it down.

Does anyone know if Yahoo Publisher will be available for non-US residents ?

Maya

joecool6101

Yellow Belt
i also blend it in, and i got a 1,411.9% and somethimes higher
If your getting 1400% CTR your going to get banned simple as that. Mainly because i doubt all the clicks are nature. Look forward to you "google banned me why?" post in a month or so.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Hello

I use adsense and agree that it is a good idea to blend the adverts into your site design. I must be doing something wrong though as I only get pennies from it.

Is there an optimum number of adverts to put on a page? I know if I see a site with too many adverts, I tend to close it down.

Does anyone know if Yahoo Publisher will be available for non-US residents ?

Maya
Yahoo should be available in the UK soon. No dates released that I am aware of yet.

I dont think there is an optimum number of adverts. If you put them at the top of your pages as opposed to the bottom the CTR's are much higher.

The adsense websites that perform well (make money) seem to be those targeting the higher "cost per click" key phrases. A good example of this at the moment would be to create content based around personal injury or insurance, your 2c's will be closer to 20c's so you nonly need 5 to make each dollar and not 50!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.