Free Stuff Amazing Free Forum Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannonballguy

Yellow Belt
SMF stands for SimpleMachinesForum which is free, and from what I can see, far far betetr than phpBB.
I set SMF on my site (here) and I have to say, it is pretty easy to set up (Must be if I managed it) and I'm really liking it...
I have installed one of a few free themes/skins...
The only reason you might pick phpBB over this is the ammount of themes/skins and mods phpBB has, but there are more themes being made for SMF all the time and it has quite a few of the phpBB "Mods" as part of thr forum anyway...

Check it out!

P

pinyo

I looks nice and fast, but it will be a while before it can gain market share since webmaster rarely like to change forum software unless they really have to.

Does it support conversion of phpBB data to SMF?

O

ovi

Another forum script

Guys if you want to see a very nice and cool script for forums see this one: mybboard.com
It's a vBulletin clone. It's very cool. You can see it in action here: mybboard.com/community

Regards,
Ovi

P

pinyo

It's cool, but I am always hesitant because forums development team DO disapear overnight too. It happened to me before. :(

O

ovi

:)

pinyo, mybboard is a serious release. Wich board did you have bad experience?

Ovi

P

pinyo

I won't mention any names. They gave it a try, but it didn't work out after a while.

dvduval

Yellow Belt
Yes, I think simple machines is sort of the #3 board behind phpbb and vBulletin. It is often part of the Fantastico package on cPanel. I think they are starting to get their act together, and hopefully will keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.