Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Android Or Ios – Which One Is Your Favorite Mobile Os And Why?

Discussion in 'General Business Topics' started by networld, Jan 27, 2016.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I am a big fan of Android phones and I feel very comfortable with it. To be frank I never used an iOS phone till now. I have never seen people using iOS phone around. Everybody is after Android devices.

I think the simple reason why a person like Android is the number of options it offers. You can choose from a wide variety of models from different manufacturers. There is something for everybody – poor and rich. But in the case of iOS it is somewhat a monopoly of Apple and it usually comes with a high price tag. But Apple phones are famous for their durability and functionality.

Which one do you like the most?

2. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I've used both Android and iOS so I think I'm qualified enough to answer this question, this is just my opinion though.
    If I were to choose between the two operating systems, I'd go with iOS for its sheer ease of usage and better performance. Since that option is not available, I'll go with Android any day. Apple devices are fairly costly as compared to Android phones.
    - Android and iOS have almost same number of apps in App store, maybe a little more in Android, so no clear winner here for me.
    - Performance wise iOS is much better. It doesn't hangs as much as Android, but it does, very rarely though. Apple wins hands down.
    - We get more control over Android and there's nothing we can do on iOS. That is however a little technical, but I'll take it any day.
    - Apple is hell lot costlier than Android and which definitely is a deal breaker for me.

3. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I have also tried using both Android and iOS. And i prefer Android phones it is more easy to use compare with iOS. One good example of this is by transferring files, you can easily use the function copy and paste files to your Android phones, while in iOS you are going to use third party softwares just in transferring this files. You can also tweak so many things in your android even if your still a beginner compared to iOS which is more complex and afraid to try also because of its very high price.

4. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    My short and categorically answer is Android. Why? Well, because it's easy to use and compatible with thousands of devices, including Samsung, Nokia, Motorolla, and others.

Whereas, the iOS system can be operated at Apple products only. Also, operating the Android system gives you more flexibility in terms of browsing.

5. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    That is a very useful analysis I think. Even though Apple iPhones are durable and stylish, it is the high price tag that puts me off. Nowadays it is something that is related to social status. But we often forget the fact that there are Android models which are costlier than Apple iPhones.

I think one of the main drawbacks of Android phones is low level of security. Every day we can hear of some or other kind of vulnerabilities in Android and I just wonder why these hackers only target Android smartphones. This may be because of its huge popularity so that they can focus on a wider target in place.

6. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I don't have to choose between the two. I am using Android and I love it. Android phones are easier to use and we can do a lot of things on it. But I want to have iPhones too. If ever I will purchase a new one and I have a lot of money, I will buy an iPhone.

7. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I am not against both of them but I have question for these two companies.
    Android - Why do you lack security?
    iOS - Why you exaggerate device prices?

8. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I don't know the programming part of Android, but it is often being targeted by hackers nowadays. May be it is easy to crack or just because of its popularity. If a hacker knows how to intrude into a particular Android device he can do that with a large number of devices.

iOS is something like a monopoly of Apple. In a monopolistic market, the price is often decided by the manufacturer and customers got a very limited role to play there. But nowadays the trend is changing. Apple is forced to reduce the prices of some of their latest models due to stiff competition from Android. So if they want to survive in the mobile market, they need to come down.

9. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    This is the nth time I came across this question - a choice between iOs and Android. What about Windowsphone, have we forgotten all about it? Or is it already passe by this time? My smart phone is Android and it's not a matter of choice because that's the only phone I can afford. An iOs is the domain of iPhone and we all know that it is an expensive phone. But in fairness, I see that an iPhone is quick in terms of access (internet not included) because the programming is hard-wired unlike the Android which is pure software that runs in the memory card.

10. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have no iOs so I am not entitled to say anything about iOS but I have heard they have their limitations in certain departments. However, I would prefer to have one of my own as the Apple is ultimate in gadgets. I find Android good as it gives me everything that I need.

11. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I always prefer android. Simply because it is easy to use , simple interface , more flexible , Less expensive , Can use large number of apps etc. So there are infinite reasons for which i prefer android.

12. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I noticed the security problems on Android that's why I only have few apps downloaded on my phone. With iPhone, I do hope they will low down their prices. Lol!

13. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I do miss my iPhone, because it felt high-quality and apps rarely failed on iOS. But, I wanted to have a device that is able to connect with all of the other devices that I have. I never went for iPad because it was crazy expensive for a wifi+gsm model. Instead I went with an android tab. On my laptop, I mainly use chrome, and I have even thought about going completely chromish by installing chromium on my system. You can now install android apps on chromium OS systems.

So, because I use Google's apps heaviliy, I went with Android. Also, because I keep experimenting with apps and create my own apps, I needed a device to test things out. I don't develop iOS apps, so I don't need an iPhone or any other iOS device.

Finally, Google is beating the you-know-what out of Microsoft AND Apple. So, its better to be on the right side of the devil, so Android is definitely my favorite mobile and its practical to have an android phone.

14. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I've also used both Android and iOS devices and my preference is Android. For me it's just a lot more accessible and easier to use, and for iOS to catch up, Apple are going to have to do a lot more than add a few upgrades and tweaks like they have been doing recently.

15. briannagodess

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    I have used both. I have an iPhone and my mom has a Lenovo whereas my sister has a Samsung S5. So here are my thoughts:

iPhone

1. Very user-friendly. Within days of using it, I was already familiar with it.
    2. Sleek design and interface. But a little heavier.
    3. Responsive touch screen.
    4. Does not lag even with multiple apps open.
    5. Apps are well-made but quite few.
    6. Camera is good even if I have the iPhone 5S still.

Android

1. User-friendly but I still get lost sometimes.
    2. Thin and lightweight.
    3. Responsive as well.
    4. Lags a bit when multiple apps open.
    5. Huge selection of apps, you just have to choose which are good.
    6. Very nice camera especially the S5.

16. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    No doubt Android is the most accepted smartphone OS. I love to use android smartphones due to its flexibility and vast availability of free useful apps on google play store.

17. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    I prefer Android much more than iOS. Android is clean, it's fast and it's highly customizable. I hate the simplicity of iOS and the useless animations. Android is objectively much more complex, which I believe can be a good or a bad thing. However, I personally like complexity which is why I prefer Android 100%.

18. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I am using Andriod. The only iOS device I ever have had was an iPod. I am using Andriod because it is cheaper, we have many options to choose from, and Google play has great variety of free apps,

19. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I think the reason is obvious. The real competition is between Android and iOS and Windows is yet to participate in it. Hope with the advent of Windows 10 they may pose a threat to other Mobile OS like Android and iOS.

Between Android and iOS, Android enjoys the major market share as they got a large number of models. Nowadays even iOS is forced to reduce prices of some models due to fierce competition. Entry of Chinese Android phones which are very cheap added fuel to fire.

20. pwarbi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    In the last few days it's been headline news that Apple have for the first time not been able to sell more of the new version of their devices as what they sold previously.

I wouldn't say that iOS is dead, but I think this is maybe the start of Apple realising they have to take drastic measures in order to change its fortunes around.