Just Gossip Anybody tried using mobile gprs with computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitto

Yellow Belt
I am going to use Mobile GPRS with my computer to access the internet.

Actually my current internet connection sometime gets very slow or get disconnected and I am fed up of asking the guyz that what the problem is????

So I have decided to enable GPRS on mobile and connect it to my computer and use internet with that... but is that GPRS any good? Anybody tried it?

I can go with it if it runs at a normal dialup speed.

any feedback on this will be appreciated.

I will let you know guyz when I will have used it. I will go to market tonite and buy the cable that connects mobile and computer.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
It is quite slow and can be expensive. I think its a good tool to use when you are out and require access to the Internet.

Glitto

Yellow Belt
Well, it is just for Rs. 750 per month and my current internet is for Rs. 650 per month... so money is no matter in my case.. but I am thinking about the speed.

If it is as dialup then no problem, but if it is more slower then i m not going to continue it next month.

wasku

Yellow Belt
What is this you guys talk about??

I'm not sure what you mean. But i've hooked up my cell phone to my laptop and surfed the internet that way

Glitto

Yellow Belt
I tried it but its not really that good to be used with computers. It is half speed of the normal dialup. Now I agree with GKD that it is good only when you are out and require internet access.

seo

White Belt
Yep and it was awfully slow. Like mentioned above it can be a life save when you're in the middle of no where and need to check email :)

O

ovidiuu

GPRS is quite expensive and very slow. I use 3G when I need to use mobile internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.