My 2 Cents Anyone have any i.t qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Hi

Do you have any I.T qualifications or certificates such as a degree, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Cisco, ITIL etc etc

Thanks

Stephanie

Yellow Belt
Hi GKD, not surprisingly I don't have anything offical on the IT side (other than very old Institute of Data Processing Parts I & II) but I do know that the employers I speak to are increasingly looking for ITIL, and rather than specific systems they seem to like project management skills, or Prince II certification.

But that just may be the type of people I deal with!

wasku

Yellow Belt
Nope none at all. I wish actually. I might go back to school if i have time and of course money.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have some (Time to show off :)
From the least prestigious to the most:
* Some hardware qualification (I think is called A Pluse or something like that)
* CNA (Novell netware)
* CCNA
* MCSE+I (Windows NT4)
* MCSE (Windows 2000)
* BSc computing and Psychology.
* MSc Internet Technologies (But never completed this, did not hand in my dissertation :(

nutter

White Belt
Hi there Temi.

ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) is essentially a series of documents that are used to aid the implementation of a lifecycle framework for IT Service Management. This customisable framework defines how Service Management is applied within an organisation. It also aligned with the international standard, ISO 20000.

You can learn more at http://www.itil.org.uk/

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for that explanation, which vendor offers that certification? i guess I will find out at the url you provided above, cheers :)

What version of Windows did you get your MCSE in?

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
then get googling and learn the basics from examples and get some books bought / borrowed from libraries. Have a play and see what you can do

There are courses too

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.