Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Anyone Yet Tried Dropshipping As A Part Of Their Ecommerce Efforts?

Discussion in 'General eCommerce Discussions' started by jazzvaga, Jan 17, 2016.

1. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Hi,

Anyone here yet tried dropshipping as a part of their Ecommerce efforts?

Share your story here if you have atleast done some work in dropshipping so that readers can take advantage from your share.

2. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    I was trying to implement a drop-shipping business several months ago but I found an inconvenience; most of the good priced articles are distributed by Chinese companies, and sadly I have read to many complains about many of them, whether not delivering the right items, sending low quality products, delaying too much or not delivering at all.

Investing in Chinese product also sounds like a good alternative, but most of them ask you order a large batch or products to benefit from the really low price. Again, too much risk based on the fact that many people complain about how good service they have before you order, to stop providing any support after you have sent your money.

I'm still considering drop-shipping like an option, but I am now searching for local dealers. I think this is best because I may have some control when saying my prospective clients about delivering times, what I cannot predict if the product comes from China, if ever delivered.

3. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Yes, selling on eBay. You could make money using this strategy when I got into it because there wasn't too much competition, but I think it's much better to start your own ecommerce site, so you can bring in more traffic via SEO, and you don't have to compete on price with other eBay sellers.

4. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    There is always a hurdle when it comes to any business online or offline, dropshipping business requires a good planning too which i have also experienced in my last 5 years of working, mostly people stay away from dropship type work.

5. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    If you want to do dropshipping, make sure you find a reliable supplier that can supply you with the products you want to sell. The total cost of the product you get from the supplier should not be higher than the price you want to see so that you can earn a profit. The dropshipper must have the product ready stock and be able to ship it on time. It also should not list its address otherwise people know you are shipping the product through another retailer.

6. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product.
    The biggest difference between dropshipping and the standard retail model is that the selling merchant doesn't stock or own inventory. Instead, the merchant purchases inventory as needed from a third party – usually a wholesaler or manufacturer – to fulfill orders.