Help Me/Question Are free or paid directories better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
Hello

Is it worthwhile paying for a directory submission or are free ones just as good, both for traffic and for human recognition.

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
Both are okay and I think both kind of directories can have a positive effect on your site. You can add your site to free directories to gain backlinks , while you can add your site to big paid directories to gain traffic and PR.

O

OldWelshGuy

neither is better than the other, although chances are the paid directory will have better descriptions etc.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
How much should I look at paying for a directory submission though. I believe Yahoo is about £200.00. Is it worth paying to get into those sorts of directories - do they deliver a great deal of traffic?

O

OldWelshGuy

It depends. Yahoo is ok, but there are better ways of buying traffic. It depends what your aims are.

tell me WHY you think you need to submit to directories,and WHAT you want to get for your moiney.

I know this might seem basic, but if I know what you are hoping for, I can advise better, as can we all :)

Lorna

Yellow Belt
With being a new site we want both traffic and brand recognition. Property sites are very competitive and we recognise the need to grow quickly.

Mirror7

White Belt
I do believe paid directories provide better services since the submission services are done manually and they are better moderated, so few chances to turn into a "bad neighbourhood".

Y

yosernuevo

The issue with directories is that search engines rarely index them deeply. Paid or reciprocal inclusions sometimes guarantee that your link will appear in a page with PR, thus your url will be crawled by search engines too.

Status
Not open for further replies.