News/ Info Are hot tubs safe for kids?

sunshine

Blue Belt
I m currently reading about Hot tubs which are a great way to get relax and enjoy with some family time together. No doubt it can be really great during the winter months where it’s cold.
But we know that kids’ skin is more sensitive than adult’s skin, and hot temperatures can be harmful to them. That is why a lot of public and community pools put restrictions on how long kids should stay in the hot tubs, and you should do the same with yours. Just need to control the temperature of the hot tub’s water which can’t be too high for kids.
Moreover, keep safe position of kids if can’t comfortably sit in the hot tub with at least their head and neck above the water surface, the hot tub could be unsafe and dangerous for them.
If anybody have more useful suggestions……. must share!

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
I was always in a hot tub when I was small, my sister, cousin and I were always playing in our hot tub, and nothing happened to us, but keeping the water at a moderate warm level helps, the only problem was we stayed in it too much and always ended up with prune skin, but that's something that easily rights itself about the skin.

phoenix2015

I would imagine they are safe. Just watch the younger ones to make sure they don't get too hot. Of course, I wouldn't bring children that are too young into the hot tub, but older children are ok, in my opinion.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
It might depend on the age of the kids. But to be safe, I'd rather not allow them to go to hot tubs. It's better to take heed of the warning than take the risk. Anyways, hot tubs are mostly available in hotels in my country as we live in a tropical area which it was often hot all the time.

sunshine

Blue Belt
I would imagine they are safe. Just watch the younger ones to make sure they don't get too hot. Of course, I wouldn't bring children that are too young into the hot tub, but older children are ok, in my opinion.
You are right; take are about temperature of water should not be too much hot.

It might depend on the age of the kids. But to be safe, I'd rather not allow them to go to hot tubs. It's better to take heed of the warning than take the risk. Anyways, hot tubs are mostly available in hotels in my country as we live in a tropical area which it was often hot all the time.
Taking bath on hot tubs also needs full concentration and attention and keep an eye on kids at the time of bath taking.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
Taking bath on hot tubs also needs full concentration and attention and keep an eye on kids at the time of bath taking.
Actually, either hot or cold tubs, kids really needs attention especially those who are toddlers to lower ages. With the time of taking a bath, it is also important.

sunshine

Blue Belt
Actually, either hot or cold tubs, kids really needs attention especially those who are toddlers to lower ages. With the time of taking a bath, it is also important.
Sure, parents have a deep love with their kids so they may have to watch their every movement, no matter what age they are. Even not taking bath it’s best to get a really good hot tub cover to ensure they are always safe when you’re not around or watching their every move.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
Sure, parents have a deep love with their kids so they may have to watch their every movement, no matter what age they are. Even not taking bath it’s best to get a really good hot tub cover to ensure they are always safe when you’re not around or watching their every move.
You are right. I don't have a kid or kids, but I do have nephews. In fact I am too over protective with them. I can't just let them go running, unless it is an open grassy space where they can run freely. Good thing, my nephew who is already 4 years old, he doesn't use tubs anymore. They just use pail and a dipper with lukewarm water for a bath.