Help Me/Question Are Product Reviews Really Credible?

networld

Whenever I plan to buy a gadget like a smartphone I always go through various reviews that are freely available on net. I found that each review is really tempting and you may end up buying that product. But I wonder how credible are these reviews in real sense? It is a known fact that even sellers in well known shopping sites use fake reviews to attract customers.

In a product review you can’t expect anything bad about it. It is now another form of advertising. I think it would better to collect some data offline from the actual users than fully relying on online reviews. By going offline at least you will get a candid feedback about the product I guess.

Vinaya

In my opinion, very people will write a negative review about the product. They have already suffered the product why to bother with writing about it. Thus you will always see good review. Off course there are people who write negative review to warn customer.

masterbusiness

Content Writer
I think product reviews are necessary. It is best to view product reviews at credible websites. Some websites will say anything about a product to sell it.

Pooja Sharma

Reviews have great impact on the future sale of the products. Whenever, I have to buy any product whether I am aware of the brand or not, I usually search the reviews and that what normally people do. If the reviews are good, we buy it and if not we have alternative to it.

kalyanign

As a rule, do not go by product reviews alone which you read online but talk to friends or family too. Chances are very high that at least one or two of them might actually own the product you are looking to by or at least someone know about it, even if they don't own it. That way, you get an honest review of what you are buying. And whether or not its worth spending money for.

wmfbm

I did some research on the google play store data, and found that it's very hard to find the good stuff because of paid reviews and ratings.

In this specific case, they go for the volume, so it's easy to identify the fakes. They are predominantly short, have an unnatural number of non english speakers and so on.

But gadget manufacturers can pay real money for reviewers with influence, and will be selective on which ones will get free stuff to review.

Sometimes they send something to a reviewer that is not the same they'll put on the market.

In summary, don't trust anyone until you have a good reason to believe them.

Even negative reviews can be paid, negative marketing against competitors exists and is used.

Alexandoy

We normally check the reviews but more on accommodations and places. The review is helpful somehow because they can give us an idea of what we can expect. In our last travel last November in Singapore, we were encouraged by the reviews of a particularl hotel so we got a booking there. And although the reviews were not that accurate but at least the hotel is not disappointing. Next month we are going to Bangkok and Gateway hotel is being recommended by the tour guide. We are still checking on that by evaluating the reviews.

patrickkenyi

If I'm searching online, I normally check multiple reviews because I think there are some illegitimate ones. This is because there are some SEO masters with websites that have false product reviews that may appear as one of the first search results. Sometimes I even search for disappointed customer reviews and testimonials because they are usually very fueled by their dissatisfaction which makes them brutally honest.

SirJoe

It really depends it's so easy to find product reviews that say exactly what you want to hear. I normally will try to find reviews that not only the talk abpout the pro's of the product but also the negative points.
It's so easy to get blinded by just good reviews.

bharath

Staff member
@networld
You have indicated the appropriate response, where we need to get the actual evaluation from off-line customers, but if you purchased from a known offline shops then it would be even more excellent.

I had an offline friend, who owns a mobile shop, whenever we need either relatives we will check out that store and look for the best model that satisfies for our needs even though they are from Top companies like Samsung.

Buying online is a totally risk because we can't be able to return the product if something goes wrong.

sunshine

Blue Belt
Sure product reviews are important to aware about customers true remarks. Then it will be easy for owner to improve his performance regarding his selling products, business and services.

masterbusiness

Content Writer
Product reviews are helpful when buying goods or services, but there’s a question in its credibility since not all reviews are honest. Most of the time, people make false feedbacks about a certain product because it’s paid.

Majid Kalani

I use to read reviews on scientific works and products. Actually, reviews help to search and find stronger evidence for your arguments. For example, 2 months ago I decided to purchase an extra electronic device for my laptop. I found many reviews on this, some clients were not satisfied with the best available products in the market when they had purchased them online. They mentioned, it is essential to test the products on your private computer to understand how it works.
Therefore, I went directly to the shop and purchased what I demanded.:rolleyes:

steve taylor

White Belt
When you go for off line marketing like in shopping mall , you can check product physically and after analyzing them we take decision to buy them or not. But in online shopping customer review play vital role in taking decision about product . So customer review is most important for the online business, Because of this many online marketing play some review contest quiz for get more and more review about the product.

SirJoe

I use to read reviews on scientific works and products. Actually, reviews help to search and find stronger evidence for your arguments. For example, 2 months ago I decided to purchase an extra electronic device for my laptop. I found many reviews on this, some clients were not satisfied with the best available products in the market when they had purchased them online. They mentioned, it is essential to test the products on your private computer to understand how it works.
Therefore, I went directly to the shop and purchased what I demanded.:rolleyes:
That's exactly how you are supposed to use the reviews. Look at the good points and the bad so that when you do go out and buy a product you get exactly what you want.
Negative reviews can really help you from not getting nasty surprises.

dcristo

Content Writer
It depends on if the reviewer has credibility. You have to earn the visitor's trust. Are they reviewing the product/service in an unbiased manner, or just trying to sell you the product. It is usually obvious what the intent is.

niranjan kumar

White Belt
Yes,
Product review is really credible, because most of the user share what he think about that product and how's their working and experience in it. if users are satisfied after using product, He would like to convey their expression by review these products. But product reviews not 100% genuine,sometimes there are some fake reviewer..

VIVEK KUMAR

White Belt
Online product review available in every websites.
But it is not totally fake may be some review are fake.
If you think to buy a new mobile phone which is lunched recently and its company is very popular.
Then you definitely see review you already know this company not make poor product.

Manish Mishra

Content Writer
It is an easy way for brand promotion. Having some real good written reviews published on top notch website/product reviews website can really grab the attention of many.
It does not matter it is written in promotional way but it always gets you benefit because you can expect some good traffic form these sources too.

Zirkon Kalti

Content Writer
I too always search for reviews before buying but you won't know a product's quality for sure until you use it yourself. People may say one thing from their own point of view. It is important to always take a close look at the photo of the product so that you know whether it is what you are looking for.