Arshavin completes transfer to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin.
The Gunners agreed a deal for the player with his former club, Zenit St Petersburg, just minutes before Monday's 5pm transfer deadline and had to wait until Tuesday for the move to be ratified by the Premier League.
That has now been forthcoming and the 27-year-old has joined for an undisclosed fee, signing what the north Londoners call a "long-term" contract.
Arsenal were forced to delay naming Arshavin as their player until late Tuesday afternoon ...

source: evening standard

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
There's some controversy over the transfer, as it went past the deadline. Some clubs are unhappy about that.

It'll be interesting to how things develop.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I cannot see anything developing that well for Arsenal this season, they need another 3-4 very good players and they seem to have only bought just the one.

D

dds_sdd

Yeah, I have heard many points concerning Arshavin. Zenit didn't want to agree with it. But in the long run I think that Arshavin found the way how to assure Zenit. I think that Arsenal will start playing more better with this talented football player...

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Steve Coppell Not Happy With Andrei Arshavin's Arsenal Transfer

The Reading manager is annoyed that the Gunners were afforded almost a further 24 hours to complete the Russian attacker's signing...

It was reported in the British press that Premier League club Aston Villa were not entirely convinced that Arsenal's signing of Andrei Arshavin had been completed within the given time frame.

It has since emerged that a host of representatives from top-flight clubs attended a Premier League meeting this week, where it was agreed that the transfer was above board.

However, it seems that Steve Coppell, manager of Championship club Reading, has not been persuaded that the deal was properly concluded.

"The whole thing is a total sham," Coppell is quoted as saying in the British tabloid The Sun.

"You are looking for the governing body to show leadership and you want rules to be rules rather than rules to be bent.

"The whole transfer window and its policing are on a par with each other. The transfer window benefits the wealthier clubs. Why bother with the pretence?

goal.com

Sweq

Banned
I think that Arshavin will find his game in Arsenal and will not experience Shevchenko's Crash in Chelsea!

Status
Not open for further replies.