Ask for CSS help

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ooen

I have the following code:

Code:
.footer { color: #BCBCBC; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; }
.footer a { color: #BCBCBC; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
.footer a:active { color: #C72E2E; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
.footer a:hover { color: #C72E2E; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
.footer a:visited { color: #BCBCBC; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
What I expect to happen is that I see red text as I hover over, but that's not happening in Mozilla. What could be the problem? How can I fix it?

T

Tom

ooen said:
I have the following code:

Code:
.footer { color: #BCBCBC; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; }
.footer a { color: #BCBCBC; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
.footer a:active { color: #C72E2E; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
.footer a:hover { color: #C72E2E; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
.footer a:visited { color: #BCBCBC; font: 11px Tahoma; text-decoration: none; }
What I expect to happen is that I see red text as I hover over, but that's not happening in Mozilla. What could be the problem? How can I fix it?

To be honest, that should work..
Did you put <style> </style> around it?

O

ooen

Tom said:

To be honest, that should work..
Did you put <style> </style> around it?
This is in a separate CSS file, and it's included properly. I know this because other classes are working.

T

Tom

ooen said:
This is in a separate CSS file, and it's included properly. I know this because other classes are working.

I don't know then >.<
Sorry!

myshtern

Yellow Belt
Maybe its just your browser.
That happened to me for some reason when I was building another site.

Everything was completely out of whack on my mozilla, but everywhere else it looked just how it was supposed to. Get on someone else's computer and try.

O

ooen

myshtern said:
Everything was completely out of whack on my mozilla, but everywhere else it looked just how it was supposed to. Get on someone else's computer and try.
Mozilla often interprets CSS differently, and we just need to make sure that everything works in Mozilla. I don't think there is much room for debate, given the increasing market share of Mozilla.

F

fiverivers

This is in a personal CSS pc computer file, and it's offered successfully. I know this because other classes will work.

J

jiashua

yeah that true, actually latest CCS standart is only developed and not yet support yet fully in all browsers, solution is to stick to some more older ccs version in the meantime

Status
Not open for further replies.