Asus EEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony

Yellow Belt
Has anybody got an Asus EEE yet? One of my colleagues had one and the screen looked a little small to me and for a ?100 more you can get a reasonable laptop with a big screen. I believe they have brought out a bigger one.

Tony

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Eee

Its a very small lightweight lappy. I have one but kinda want the 900 which has a bigger screen. I douby you 100 quid extra would buy a laptop weighing less than 1Kg. The screen is small to keep the battery life up as it only has 3 cells rather than 6 in a conventional laptop (bigger screen = more drain)

In short, I have one and its light and works fine for me. I run eeeXUbuntu on it as I dont like Xandros and find it a bit bloated. The 900 version has a bigger hard drive and bigger screen but as you say a better system can be bought for more but it wont be as light.

Others dont like them but I dont like Windows.Its alla matter of taste.

Peace

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
eee 901

Yeah the 901s are pretty sweet. XP kills them though.

There are alternatives:

Dell mini-inspiration
MSI Air
OLPC

Just to name 2

You may also wanna check the Koolu ;)

Peace

J

josaphlewis

The Eee PC is incredible truly exceptional in the market. Consider in at just two pounds and delivering a presentation level similar to a full-featured budget notebook. The Eee PC might not have a glossy, high distinction display like most notebooks made in the last year, but the bright and even backlight helps make for an enjoyable reading occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.