Audio driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
I need an audio driver for my son's pc. I have reformatted his pc with XP pro sp1 only. I just want to try to get the audio working so he can play the games on steam.

I tried downloading something like realtek AC audio but that did not do anything and nothing showed up in the audio window so I deleted it.

I've looked around on google but I don't know which one I am supposed to download.

Any idea's of help would be appreciated. :)

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Do you know the model number of the sound card, or is it integrated? What's the model of no. of the motherboard in that case?

You can usually get the driver directly from the manufacturers' website.

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
If you can open up the computer and look at it you might be able to see a little sticker on it telling what it is.

If it's not installed it's pretty hard to detect what kind of sound card you have on the computer.

Like gdk said, if you can list the model of your computer you're using we might be able to find out what card is most likely in there.

xtrafile

Yellow Belt
Alright, check this URL out:

Code:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
Download whichever driver is right for you and install it. If it doesn't work let us know ;)

gkd_uk

Yellow Belt
Or

If you are sure it's a Dell Optiplex 270 then this is the audio driver here

If not, you can access the dell software and driver site here and choose the correct model :)

There is a 270 and 270n. I guess you are using the 270

Hope this helps

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
Well I checked the Dell site out but the item image isn't the same as what I have but I did find another which is the GX150, which is I think the one I have. Sorry to be a nusiance but I had this pc off a friend with a hard drive and a lan card missing so I added those but I was stuck as to the audio side of things.

I'll give the analogue device a try first and see if that works.

Thanks for your help so far. I appreciate it. :D

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
I tried the first two audio's but got error's. One couldn't find the kernel and the other gave another error so I deleted those.

I think as soon as I have finished installing the games in Steam I will open up the machine and see if I can see the model number.

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
xtrafile said:
Do you know the model number of the sound card, or is it integrated? What's the model of no. of the motherboard in that case?

You can usually get the driver directly from the manufacturers' website.
I have found the motherboard model now, it is:

0V1325

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Soundcard

If you can get hold of it (its discontinued but an amzing bit of kit)

Everest Home edition

You may be able to torrent it and it is free. It will tell you what sound card you have and what motherboard you have too

If you have an MSI board the driver updates come down automatically with the tool they provide.

What CPU do you have, 9 times out of 10 if its a pentium CPU you will probably have an Intel Sound card but its not alaways the case (NForce chipset = nforce sound driver)

Get Everest or open your PC and read the make and model of your motherboard. It will be printed on the boar itself. I couldnt find anything on your motherboard serial number

Peace

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Dell

You should have a DELL SERVICE TAG on the back of the thing. Stick that in the Dell website and all ytour drivers will be there (as well as other assorted goodies)

This is the ONLY good thing about Dell.

Peace

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
Thanks Shadoweater.

I download and ran that Everest. Here are a few details:

Motherboard CPU type: Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHX
Motherboard Name: Dell Optiplex GX270
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Springdale-G i865G
System Memory: 256MB (just ordered another 256)
Bios Type: Pheonix
Video Adapter: Ati Radeon 9550
3D Accelerator: Ati Radeon 9550
Audio Adapter: Intel 82801EB ICH5-AC' 97 Audio Controller (A-Z/A-3)

EDIT
Well I have finally managed to get sound. :lol: I needed soundmax digital audio R58182.EXE

Thanks everyone for your help. 8)

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Everest

Its absolutely amazing but of kity as it recognises what signals different hardwares give out when probed so it can tell you even when Windows does not

MSI use a branch of this in their support/driver installer

God only knows why it was halted. Probably money. Shame :(

You got it all sorted now?

Peace

Bionic Woman

Yellow Belt
Yep, all sorted out now. :D 8)

Although the sound is coming out of the hard drive rather than the speakers but at least it's working. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.