Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becky sharp

One of my very favourite books from childhood is being made into a film for the BBC to be screened sometime this Christmas ...

BBC Drama today announces a major new dramatisation of Ballet Shoes, the classic novel by Noel Streatfeild. The feature-length film will transmit on BBC One later this year.

It's being adapted by Heidi Thomas who is responsible for Lilies and the current BBC costume drama success, Cranford

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2007/07_july/20/ballet.shtml

I think it will be for all ages and not just for children ......well I'll be watching ... :wink: ... :D

H

Helen May

Becky,

It was one of my favourites as well, I don't know how may times I read it! I heard something about a film but had forgotten so something to look forward to.

H

F

FLYBYNIGHT

I have never heard of this book or the author, but had a look and I've ordered it, as it's only £4.99.
I see he's written several books about "shoes"

I'm looking forward to reading that.

FLY

F

FLYBYNIGHT

I've just noticed it says for age group 8-12 !!

Should be up to my intellectual level then! Might have a struggle though! :bw1:

FLY

B

becky sharp

Hi Fly......

Despite the spelling of the first name of the author it's a woman......Mary Noel Streatfeild.

H

Helen May

Have just seen that Ballet Shoes is on BBC 1 Boxing Day at 8.30.

H

M

marietta honeybun

Yes, I saw it Dawn. It was very good imho. Just one little quibble with the casting - I thought Victoria Wood was not exactly who I'd have thought of as the nanny. Still, I must say I did enjoy it.

F

FLYBYNIGHT

FLYBYNIGHT said:
I have never heard of this book or the author, but had a look and I've ordered it, as it's only £4.99.
I see he's written several books about "shoes"

I'm looking forward to reading that.

FLY
As it turned out, the book never arrived. They sent me the wrong one, all about some obscure religion, so I sent it back and they have refunded my money.

argh......

FLY

Status
Not open for further replies.