Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Black Hat Can Be Harmful

Discussion in 'Blackhat SEO' started by sunshine, Jan 12, 2016.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Black hat SEO is more frequently used by those who are looking for a quick financial return on their Web site, rather than a long-term investment on their Web site. Black hat SEO can possibly result in your Web site being banned from a search engine, however since the focus is usually on quick high return business models, most experts who use Black Hat SEO tactics consider being banned from search engines a somewhat irrelevant risk.

2. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Interesting post! I guess if they are going to do something that might get them banned, then they must have a business plan that can make a lot of money very quickly. What are some examples of black hat SEO??

#2 phoenix2015, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:25 PM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  3. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    A lot of web owners follow activities like: Creating thousands of backlinks of SB sites with a thinking that they will receive good traffic, but that doesnt happens actually. In long run, its bad but for a short term, it can effect rankings & pull it up.

4. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    I guess If google detects thousands of backlinks created in a short period of time, then that doesn't seem natural. It would be obvious that they were artificially created. But how does someone get thousands of backlinks back to their site?

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    There is a blackhat forum and it is totally discussed about black hat technics. Blackhat Seo is just is an easy method to rank within a few days and brings a ton of visitors to the site as you can generate good income from PPC, affiliate programs, much more.

It is like a decision do or die at one time to make money not recurring and this Seo is too once applied for getting rank in Search Engines.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It is all about taking so much risks in order to rank very fast in search engines in an illegitimate way, and one of them is black hat SEO. Although you may be able to rank your website very well, but it may not last long and may get you removed, de-indexed and never gonna have a chance in doing SEO again. Right now, Google has its own 4.0 algorithm update, and it gets even tougher than before. For me, although it is up to you if you want to do this or not, but this is not designed for long term purposes.

7. RH-Calvin

Red Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Black hat seo is referred to the techniques used to build your keyword ranking faster in search engines. These techniques are often not favored by search engines as they are shortcuts to rank your website. Hence following such methods can risk your website to search engine penalties and your ranking drops.

8. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Black hat techniques cannot help you out today. They were useful few years back but now every one is intelligent (Search Engines) You can be caught easily.

9. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    If a whole forum is dedicated to blackhat SEO, then it must be useful. But is it worth it to use those techniques? It's kind of like using steroids in a bodybuilding competition. You get immediate results, but you are at a super high risk of health problems in the future and also getting disqualified from the competition. My question: is blackhat SEO worth it?

I was thinking the same thing. Trying to outsmart google is a waste of time. They will soon figure out what you are doing, punish you, and put measures into place to prevent others from doing it!

10. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes instead of it we should try some genuine techniques like providing quality material can be helpful for ranking. Google is not a small firm that can be cheated.

11. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    My thoughts exactly. I believe we should always try to provide as much quality as possible. Providing quality will help other people. It will make you feel better about yourself. And, it will be rewarded by google.

12. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Definitely you will get ranked up if your material is good and helpful for the users. Trying a friendly domain name is also great for improving your ranking.

13. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    What do you mean by "friendly" domain name? I have heard that if you put keywords in your domain name that might help ranking. Is that true?

14. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I was trying to say user friendly domain name. Like if you have graphic Design services website. Don't try to stand unique by making your personal name or company name as domain name. Try to stand with the crowd.

15. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Oh, I see. So for example, if your name is Ed, and you sell vitamins, don't choose a domain like : "Ed'svitamins.com" Is this what you mean?

16. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Yep, the forum is totally blackhat, but all the methods work at the beginning and die soon. People use such method for fast making money and later they get banned. Some may move on with blackhat method and then they move to whitehat.
    They do work for some time as I did with a video and it is still getting views naturally. I used just in the starting and then left it alone to get views.

17. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Every side of the life has plus and minus so in the SEO.
    Google and other search engines are working hard to fight with the ll possible SEO tactics but black hat techniques are increasing in numbers.
    Developing backlinks is something that is still working on and no one can avoid it.

18. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    So the blackhat methods work, but most of them will get you in trouble in the future. The video you mentioned, what technique did you use? Blackhat or whitehat? Thanks!

19. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Yes, blackat works and may work even longer, but what I suggest is once you started to use blackhat method move it to whitehat after a certain time. Most webmasters do this type
    An example: Some people starts a forum or a website by copying from other, after some time they use real content.
    For the video I used auto views in the beginning and once it gone popular left it to get views by itself.

20. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Ahh, so just use the Blackhat techniques in the beginning to give you a boost, and then stop doing and let it grow naturally. That is a good idea. If you have quality content and products that you believe can help people, then I see no problem with that at all. It sounds like a good way to allow yourself a chance to be heard or seen in an over-crowded marketplace!