Just Gossip Blog or website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenczmastah

White Belt
Nowadays lots of people are using blog than websites. So which do you guys prefer? For me, im using blog. I don't know much about building websites but i have a minisite but im not updating it anymore (it don't give me any revenue).

JLHC

Yellow Belt
I say website. Blogs are filling every part of the internet and I think that it has become over saturated. The blogging-fever will cool down one day and by that time everybody will realize that a normal website is still the best way to go. ;)

Last edited:

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I quite agree with you JLHC. I think blog (like blogspot siteXYX . wordpress.com etc) helps to low the quality of the Internet, there are loads of silly blog that would not be online if setting up a blog more difficult.

In my directory I do not approve hosted blogs, 95% of them are rubbish just created to spam.

Normal website are not perfect but you will give it some though and spend some time and money to get a proper website online.

I say website. Blogs are filling every part of the internet and I think that it has become over saturated. The blogging-fever will cool down one day and by that time everybody will see that a normal website is still the best way to go. ;)

wenczmastah

White Belt
Yea i agree on you JLHC but people who loves to do blogging especially people who wanna express themselves in internet will surely go for blog.

I say website. Blogs are filling every part of the internet and I think that it has become over saturated. The blogging-fever will cool down one day and by that time everybody will see that a normal website is still the best way to go. ;)

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
I have sites, and blogs, but for different purposes.

There are some excellent blogs around which are very informative, and of a high quality.

My blogs are really just for my own meanderings, not to make money. I have adsense on them, and one or two paid text links, but I don't rely on them for any sort of income.

kedaimart

Yellow Belt
i think both are good but more on blog... :p
i agree with you yoohee, it does not matter to make both website and blog asn nowdays many people refer to make blogs because it is simple and easy to maintain and develop and less money too

Luq

Yellow Belt
Blog is widely use because it is easy to create, it is free and easy to maintain then a site. For a website, in addition to domain name and hosting plan, you also need a web designer and if you want to design the site by yourself, you know all what it takes to set up a successful website.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
I quite agree with you JLHC. I think blog (like blogspot siteXYX . wordpress.com etc) helps to low the quality of the Internet, there are loads of silly blog that would not be online if setting up a blog more difficult.

In my directory I do not approve hosted blogs, 95% of them are rubbish just created to spam.

Normal website are not perfect but you will give it some though and spend some time and money to get a proper website online.
I do not think it lowers the quality of internet. We are anyhow developing new sites each day so I cannot see the right connection here.

The fact that any person can write his thoughts on the internet may help for example in Human resource tasks as it is easier to find out more about the person you are about to hire -> this is one simple example, I am sure you can find more ways to apply this blog fever on useful matters.

brandmantra

White Belt
blog is quite personal like a mobile no. and website is like landline no which is essential for office or corporate purpose. you hardly rely on blog as a company identity.

K

krisberggren

blog is good in earning also a website would do so too and website can be sold at high price than a blog.

YooHee

Yellow Belt
still a blog is a blog and a website is still a website..

there are advantage and dis advantages on both.....

adaliabarclay

White Belt
Well i think blogs are easy to maintenance And can get huge traffic via lot of different keywords no matter you target them or not ...

iwidgetworld

White Belt
I personally do both but mostly i still custom code my sites. Its amazig how fast blogs get indexed and how fast traffic can flow in, but i still cant see some of my sites be in a blog form.

I guess some of my projects can fit in there for example flash Actionscript tutorials of mine could do perfectly well on a blog. My widgets business on iwidgetworld for example i wouldnt and coulndt put on a blog style site as i just wouldnt have enough control over the code :)

johnscore

White Belt
blog is quite personal like a mobile no. and website is like landline no which is essential for office or corporate purpose. you hardly rely on blog as a company identity.
I like this nice description. The price of website is a bit cost than blog as well.

oby_one

White Belt
blog of course if you want make extra money, but if you have company or product to be sell out, I suggest you should have at least 1 website...

sydneymatt

White Belt
I like blogs because they are so easy to promote. As long as you keep writing blog posts and commenting on other blogs, you're bound to get some traffic.

Websites are more static, and I believe they are harder to promote.

Still, a website is useful since the information is very focused and categorized. They are indispensable for anyone in business.

The best setup is probably a combination of the two: a website with a blog attached. They complement each other really well.

F

fastreplies

Nowadays lots of people are using blog than websites. So which do you guys prefer? For me, im using blog. I don't know much about building websites but i have a minisite but im not updating it anymore (it don't give me any revenue).
All you have to remember that web site is labor of love no matter what's your theme is all about.
If the revenue is your main objective, then you have your site for the wrong reason regardless what you have, blog, directory or whatever

Do something better with your time and better read some book, or make love, or go for a walk because web site apparently is not your cup of tea

:)

fastreplies

BuckBennett

Yellow Belt
Blog is personal plaform to express their thoughts and affections by articles. It is very private. And a website is complicated for personal people. It requires some basic conditions , such as domain name, hosting space, program source. So it takes some time and money to build and use an excellent website for people according to their goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.