My 2 Cents Blogs or fourms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Blogs and forum are quite different from one another but the do similar things to some extent, the facilitate discussion.

Which one do you like better, blog or forums?

Tigger

White Belt
Both, I have two forums and three blogs. Both have their advantages, I think blogs are better for marketing yourself and products while forums are good for building lists. My blog makes 10 times in affiliate sales compared with my forum.

Miss Miaow

White Belt
Forums! I like building communities and making new friends.

I have several blogs but I don't update anymore. I just think it's too time consuming. :D

mikeinlincs

Yellow Belt
Forums are best for me, blogs can be boring unless the person bloging is very good.

if they are then they should write a book and get it published.

This could be to do with my short interest span, anymore than 300 words and i fall asleep... :lol:

:oops: done it again

hugodiaz

Yellow Belt
It really depends on what I am looking for.
If I just have a question, then I prefer forums, but otherwise blogs do have a special appeal.

I think it's best to have both, why limit yourself to one?

Stephanie

Yellow Belt
both bloggs and forums

hugodiaz said:
It really depends on what I am looking for.
If I just have a question, then I prefer forums, but otherwise blogs do have a special appeal.

I think it's best to have both, why limit yourself to one?
I agree it is best to have both, then you attract both types (if people can be so easily classified that way!)

I wonder though if bloggs should be kept relatively short (or is the whole point that they are long?)

What do others think?

Status
Not open for further replies.