Help Me/Question Business plan for online business

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ardenn

Did you guys write business plans for your online businesses, I did, but Im boot strapping it.  Which wasnt part of the plan. lol.  Do you think a business plan is really needed when your bootstrapping a business?  I've been thinking about this alot, and Im not sure that it is.  Maybe a marketing plan, so that you know who your target market is.  Maybe a financial plan, so that you can know when your supposed to make sales.  I can see a cash flow analysis too, so that you can see where the mone is going,  but outside of that I just dont see the point.  What do you guys think.  Someone once said, "If you fail to plan your planning to fail.  How much planning can you do if your starting from nothing?

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
Well it's hard to say. Lately I've really not even done that much planning in all honesty. I have basic outlines for all of my endeavours, but generally it's a very thin outline and usually it's only scribbled on notebook paper.

Klaas Koopman

White Belt
I think it would be a good start to first know what your public is, and how you want to reach them. What your funds are, and what you need to pay for. I just like to answer those questions and then I just start. People want to start right away with their business anyway these days. Just do whatever fits you I guess. Good luck with it !

A

Ardenn

I personally think that business plans are an essential part of a new business.  Business plans define where you are in relation to where you are going.  That being said, any successful venture needs to have a "roadmap"  You need to have an idea of where you are , what your resources are and where you want to be with what goals accomplished.  Business plans do that.  Now the part I always have trouble with is Business plan financials and business promotion.  Those are KILLER!

An online business is a bogus business when you find the offering too good to be true.In addition to the business plan, you will need to develop a comprehensive marketing plan.

ronald

White Belt
For a business plan the main problem is that you spend too much time planning and not enough time effecting change.

With the internet to stay up to date and to be indexed right by Google you need to update every day. If you spend too much time discussing ideas all you plans with be theoretical and by the time you implement your ideas they will either by outdated or will be taken on by a competitor.

Overall for the online world, you will need to make your plan and your action inseparable and to develop in conjunction to your business practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.