Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Help Me/Question Can we open multiple paypal accounts?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by networld, Dec 15, 2015.

1. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Is it wise to open different PayPal accounts for different bank accounts? I just wanted to check if there is any ToS violation if I do this.

I would like to use different PayPal account with different earning sites. I already have multiple bank accounts with me. So, is it possible to open different PayPal account (off course with different emails) for each account?

2. Anuj Dhawan

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Directly from the horse's mouth: "Yes. You can have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information."

Beware they have different ToCs for different countries, so you need to check if above is applicable to your location or not.

3. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    Thanks, that is very helpful and informative. That means we can have only on Personal account, but can add different bank accounts to it, right? Please correct me if I understood it wrong. So, I think it would not be wise to open multiple PayPal accounts in the same name for different bank accounts.

Yes, you are right. PayPal terms vary from one region to another. For example in India it is not allowed to hold payments in PayPal for more than 24 hours whereas in US it is just the opposite. Anyway, thanks for your clarification. I will definitely cross check with the ToS that is applicable to my country.

4. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    Generally in the US, PayPal allows one Personal account and one Business/Premier account, I think in some cases they also allow multiple Business accounts because some apps are taking payments by PayPal and they use the PayPal "micropayments" kind of account which lowers the PayPal fee for amounts less than $2 which most apps charge for some services or premium version.

5. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I believe you can only open one Personal account and one Business/Premier account. Since you are having multiple bank accounts, you can just simply add them onto your Paypal account with your bank's swift code, routing code, etc.

I have two Paypal accounts, but one is inactive and I did not used it, so I only have one left which is a Business account.

6. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Since they take Permanent Account Number (PAN) while signing up here in India, I don't think you are allowed to have multiple Paypal accounts of same type. Doing it will be a violation of Paypal's T&Cs and will result in your limitations on your Paypal account.

7. KenBrace

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    Yes, PayPal only allows one master account per person in the US.

I wanted to create a completely new account for a business of mine but after researching I realized this was against the rules. So I just had to make do with the personal/business dual account setup that PayPal has.

8. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Paypal allows you to have business account and personal account. You can add as many emails as you can on your paypal account. Since paypal is not available in many countries, it has different rules for different countries. However, you cannot have the more than one personal account and more than one business account. It paypal receives any complaint on your account, it may freeze your account.

9. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    You can open multiple paypal accounts, as long as the name on the paypal account and bank account is different than previous account. Like you can open another account in the name of your Parents and add there bank accounts. Thats the solution to have multiple accounts. But there are also other ways to open multiple paypal account with same name and bank accounts, you know what I mean?;)

10. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    You are allowed to have one personal account and one business account but I would advice only open one account. If you close your account, you can open another one with a different email address and credit card for verification.

11. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Its possible to open more than 1 accounts, one personal or premier & one business but you need a PAN card for yourself as well as for your business so that your income tax department is aware of from where you are getting payments. This is why same PAN cant be used in 2 accounts at a time..

12. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    One thing to be clear. Business accounts do not have to be anything really official. You just mark it as a business account. You do not even need to have the bank account be a business account. I use one personal bank account for my personal paypal, and a different personal bank account for my business paypal account.

13. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I don't think it is mandatory to have your credit card details to verify your PayPal account in India. I got my PayPal verified through my bank account number. They just deposited a small amount in my bank account and I reported the exact amount back in my PayPal account. My account got verified immediately. I am yet to attach my credit or debit card to my PayPal account as it is not mandatory here.

14. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I always thought they will only allow one account per user, and thank God to learn from you guys that we can make one for business and another one for personal. I am only using personal so I won't be creating a business one. But I will consider it in the future just in case.

15. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Paypal surely doesn't allow multiple accounts I any country. However, people try to make multiple accounts by using tricks. One of the famous ones is using a proxy. In this way, they try to confuse the PayPal system and think that it will allow them to make an account. Sometimes people get successful but after Paypal get's notice about this activity, it immediately locks the account. They have strict systems for preventing such activities. Therefore, we should avoid thinking multiple accounts for us.

I don't even get a reason for having multiple accounts? All of the stuff can be done from a single account. So why should we even try.

16. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    It's better to add different emails rather than more than 2 PayPal accounts one in each category. As name has no importance but you should have two set of everything else if you open two accounts in the same category. I would prefer to add emails (up to 5) than opening and managing multiple accounts.

17. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes! It is a good practice to use multiple emails instead of accounts. We can easily add more than 1 emails at the same time. So that we could use each of them for different clients or services. In this way, we can work without any hesitation and trouble. The best thing is we will never get limited by using this technique. Paypal will love this oen and we don't have to worry about anything at all.

18. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I knew about the different emails. I think I should add my other emails. I knew some people working online uses different PayPal accounts which I have no idea how they came about. The reason why they uses two accounts is they are using them in one site where they strict one account per one PayPal account.

19. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    @ipol12@ipol12 I think there is no need for adding more emails unless you wish to hide your identity but I have seen you using the same username so I don't think you need to use multiple emails which could at times prove to be confusing. Multiple emails should only be used if you have reasons to apply for a different account from different IP but even that is not suggested.

20. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Yeah, I am using the same usernames, though I use different in others but still the same with my username here. I just added 3 characters in my username in other sites though almost similar. I don't have to use different IP address. I don't even use VPN. Also, I don't have enough time working with other accounts, lol! I don't even have to cheat though. You have a good point.