Charging For Links On Directories

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Would you pay for a link on a directory with a low PR of say 0, or just 1?

Should a directory owner just go for free link offers until he has a reasonable PR?

If you own a directory, are you successful in charging for links? If so, what is its PR?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have a few directories, I don't charge based on PR but quality of the directory. Some directory have good PR but when you submit your site there, you do not get the benefit of link juice which is the main reason for submitting to directories. Here are things I will consider when pricing listing on a directory:

i. Is the directory owned by a proven internet entrepreneur? (Most directories are here today gone tomorrow but if the owner is someone you have know on the net or the directory itself has been online for a few years, that is good. Is this person a good webmaster or does all his sites get PR0?
ii. Does the directory give you listing a dedicate page just to itself? (This is good, you gets a bit of traffic from this dedicated page as oppose to when your listing is one one page with all the other listing and nothing to itself, a good example of such listing is this.
iii. Does the directory place adsens on your dedicated page? I personally do not like this because your competition's advert will be displayed on your dedicated page.
iv. Does the directory have contents other than just listings? (The chances that the directory will be PR0 is higher if all that is is a directory and not other contents.
v. Is the charges Monthly, Yearly or one off?

there are other factors but the above are the one I considered to be most important. If you will be investing in the directory promotion and contents, I suggest there is not free listing but discounted listing for example if you are going to be charging £50 per year, as an introductory offer do it for £10 when the directory is new and PR0.

Hope you find the above info useful.

YooHee

Yellow Belt
i think the owner asking for pay because, maybe he or she has something to pay for his or her website...

beyond80

White Belt
I don't really pay for any directory with low PR or even 0..it just doesn't make sense when there are just so many other directories

Would you pay for a link on a directory with a low PR of say 0, or just 1?
No.
Should a directory owner just go for free link offers until he has a reasonable PR?
I guess it will be better that way...
If you own a directory, are you successful in charging for links? If so, what is its PR?
I don't have a directory but I think, one of the reasons why people build directories is to earn money through "paid/feature" links.

Status
Not open for further replies.