Check For Software Updates To Be Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
It's very important to check you have the latest updates to your Microsoft software.

To see if you have any software that is insecure and in need of updating, use the Personal Software Inspector from secunia.com. https://psi.secunia.com

Scan, detect, and update vulnerable programs. The Secunia Software Inspectors are the first internal vulnerability scanners that focus solely on detection and assessment of missing security patches and end-of-life programs - the result is an unprecedented level of scan accuracy. Scanning for missing security patches and vulnerabilities have never been easier or more precise.

Enable thorough system inspection
Enable the Secunia Online Software Inspector to search for software installed in non-default locations.

The Secunia Online Software Inspector will inspect your operating system and software for insecure versions and missing security updates. A default inspection normally lasts 5-40 seconds, while a thorough inspection may take several minutes. Note: If you have anti-virus software or similar enabled, an inspection may increase significantly in duration.
You can either do an online scan, and choose whether or not you want the thorough system inspection enabled, or the more indepth Personal Software Inspector which must be downloaded.

I checked mine, and found two software updates I needed to download and install (the links for the updates are shown on the page, so it's all very easy to do).

Both the online check, and the PSI are free.

Last edited:

odls

Yellow Belt
That's a great program. After using it I now find I can use YouTube on Firefox ok. Previously I could only get a video to play when using IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.