Chelsea new manager - who will it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Chelsea are looking for a new manager after Sacking Scolari yesterday, here are some of the names they are supposed to be considering for the post:
- Guus Hiddink
- Gianfranco Zola
- Roberto Mancini
- Avram Grant
- Frank Rijkaard

Here are some stuff to ponder:
If you are Avram Grant and you are offered the job, will you accept it?
If Zola is available, do you think a young manager like Zoli can do the job at Chelsea?
Rijkaard's was sacked by his last employer for under performance, is he the person to move Chelsea forward?

They tried hiring Guus Hiddink before they eventually settle on Scolari the last time, Hiddink was not available, Russia did not want to let him go, would they let him go this time?
BBC sports editor Mihir Bose believes Chelsea will appoint a short-term successor until the end of the season.
"I'm told they are going to go for a manager with international experience, who is currently available," he said.
Assistant manager Ray Wilkins will take temporary charge of the team until a replacement can be found.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
This new just come up on BBC:
Russia manager Guus Hiddink says he has been approached to take over as Chelsea manager until the end of the season.
The west London club made a move for the Dutchman after sacking Brazilian Luiz Felipe Scolari on Monday.
Hiddink, 62, who has close links with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, said: "If it was any other club my answer would be a straight 'No'.
"But Chelsea is different because I have good relations with the owner. I would like to help them if I could."

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
From what I hear West Ham won't allow Zola to move to Chelsea.

Avram Grant would be a stopgap manager. He'd probably take the job knowing he'll be very well paid, even for a short period of time until a full time manager could be found.

Personally I think anybody woud be mad to take that job on fulltime. Having said that, Scolari will probably walk away with several million pounds so I don't suppose he's too upset.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Chelsea have announced that Guus Hiddink will take over as temporary coach until the end of the season.
The Premier League club have also revealed that the 62-year-old Dutchman will meet the players later this week.
"The club would like to take this opportunity to thank the Russian Football Union for their understanding and cooperation," said a statement. source: bbc

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Chelsea have had two of what many consider to be the best possible managers in the world - Mourinho and Scolari. They both got fired, so what will make Hiddink a success I wonder?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
He is a stop gap manager, I really don't think he will be a success, but I could be wrong.

I know managers are highly skilled individuals but I don't understand how someone who barely speaks English (for example Scolari) who comes from Brazil and has been working in Portugal for some years, no connection whatsoever with England can just come to an English club (Though most of the players are foreigners, the owner is too but its still supposed to be and English club) learn English, study all the opponents in the premiership and top them all withing a few months.

The same with the new guy, he is Dutch, been working in Russia for sometime, maybe he speaks English.... anyway, lets see.

But then again, Fergie is a foreigner too, he is Scottish not English but he has been working in England for a while :)

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
The same with the new guy, he is Dutch, been working in Russia for sometime, maybe he speaks English.... anyway, lets see.
I saw Hiddink in an interview last night. Like it seems most Dutch people his English is very good.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Not surprised when i saw this news item, its got to be expensive sacking highly paid managers at regular intervals.
helsea Football Club has revealed a £65.7m ($95m) loss for the financial year to the end of June 2008. The amount includes a total of £23m in compensation paid to Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant and five coaches who left the club during the year.
However, it does not cover the sacking of Luis Felipe Scolari, who was axed from Stamford Bridge this week.
The latest in a string of hefty losses will ultimately be borne by Chelsea's Russian owner, Roman Abramovich.

odls

Yellow Belt
The amount includes a total of £23m in compensation paid to Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant and five coaches who left the club during the year.
However, it does not cover the sacking of Luis Felipe Scolari, who was axed from Stamford Bridge this week.
Hilarious. Some businessman he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.