Help Me/Question Code It Yourself Or Use Something Already Built ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
Most of us have blogs, we either write personal stuff or professional things, the sure thing it that we write.

Also, the Wordpress classic theme is not exactly the nicest design ever so we tend to find other ways or presenting our blogs.

My questions : Do you code the template yourself or do you use the free ones you can download?

You can also give arguments in favour of your reply.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I usually select some attractive template and only modify the colours and some basic style things. This method save me a lot of time.

luciandronache

Yellow Belt
For wordpress I prefer some custom themes ( Lightbreaker and WebWorld are the best in my opinion). On those themes i make some code modifications for some feedreaders or adsense. I don't know to make my own theme so I let the others do and then I modify.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
Umm, yes it seems to be very modern to take an already built team and make some changes at it, personalize it.

And indeed that is the fastest way of having your "own theme" if you come to think about it. An unique header and some different colors may make your blog more attractive than a simple plain wordpress theme.

I saw some wordpress theme coders around here, maybe some of them would like to share their opinion also.

E

edyst3

For me, I want unique theme, I ask my friend to make unique theme for me (this way need to spend some bucks).

The free theme is ok, no cost and safe your time. But you can't remove links on your footer or somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.