Copying google book's content is also a cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lqyromeo

Now i have been optimizing a site, which topic is about pulverizer, grinding mill system, for its content is too prefessional, so i have to find some content from google book. As a result the ranking of my site have still fall behind. Could you tell me whether my site is punished by search engine?

Neon

Yellow Belt
im not so sure but i think you'll be having problems on copyrights. But there are lots of blogs who are doing the same thing.

Geo-targeted SEO

Yellow Belt
im not so sure but i think you'll be having problems on copyrights. But there are lots of blogs who are doing the same thing.
Yes, I am referring to copyright law. You can use a small snippet, generally around two sentences. Anything beyond this can be considered infringement. Just because you see things being done doesn't make it right.

Some one copied one of our sites contents and called it good until I caught them. Fortunately, they took it down right away.

Forums are an especially good example of where people post content without permission.

Geo-targeted SEO

Yellow Belt
If you copy my site I will file a DMCA report and have your site taken down. I use a site called copyscape to keep track of this stuff. I have had my content stolen twice this year. I take this stuff very seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.