Cost of Advertising at Super Bowl US$3 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Super Bowl XLIII will mark the first time that a 30-second commercial time slot will cost US $3 million.

Many traditional advertisers of the game, such as Anheuser-Busch and Pepsi-Cola, are buying multiple ads at discounted rates. Two traditional advertisers, General Motors and FedEx, will pass on the game, citing the cause as the current economic status.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
I nerver understood why there are so much rumors about the super bowl been to the states one time when the finals were and most people were exited about it but to be honest outside america nobody cares about it.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Yes, you're right. It is mainly an American thing.

According to Wikipedia-

For many years, the Super Bowl has had a very large television audience in the U.S., and it is often the most watched television program of the year. The game tends to have high Nielsen television ratings which usually come in around a 40 rating and 60 share (i.e., on average, 40 percent of all U.S. households, and 60 percent of all homes tuned into television during the game). This means that on average, 80 to 90 million Americans are tuned into the Super Bowl at any given moment. It is also estimated that 130-140 million tune into some part of the game.

An urban legend has developed around the idea that the Super Bowl is watched by one billion people worldwide. This figure originates from NFL press releases stating one billion as the game's potential worldwide audience – i.e. the number of people able to watch the game; the one-billion figure is then misquoted by some media outlets as the actual global audience. In fact, independent studies suggest that the average global viewership is just over 100 million, the vast majority of whom are U.S. viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.