Tutorial Creating An Ecommerce Website

Asifur Rahman Rakib

Content Writer
Selling products on-line requires a very different setup from your run-of-the-mill blogging site. Lets look at the things you'll need to think about when setting up an eCommerce website and help to explain why they cost more to design.

First let me tell you what we're not going to cover in this article.
We're not assuming that an eCommerce website is a single web page with some PayPal button codes inserted onto it.

The PayPal buttons are great and work very well for those selling a handful of items, but we're taking eCommerce to the next level and giving the customer a better on-line shopping experience.
Most modern eCommerce website are applications. They have a user interface, administration settings, store data in a database and follow a work-flow of processes. We're going to touch on some of these areas.

The Basics

An eCommerce website can be thought of as a play with actors performing it's scenes.
The main actors in an eCommerce website are:

* The Customer - buys products
* The Website Owner - ships bought products & gets paid
* The eCommerce Application - interface between all the actors
* The Payment Gateway - handles payment transactions (more on this later)
* The Merchant/Business Bank Account - Website owner's business bank account (more on this later)
T
he main buying process of an eCommerce website ('the play') happens as follows:
  1. Customer browses product catalog
    2. Customer adds product to basket
    3. Customer buys product and enters check-out process
    4. eCommerce Application contacts a Payment Gateway
    5. Payment Gateway provides secure customer shipping and payment details entry form
    6. Customer securely enters shipping and payment information
    7. Payment Gateway contacts Website Owners' Merchant Bank Account
    8. Merchant Bank Account processes payment transaction and returns control to Payment Gateway
    9. Payment Gateway returns Customer to eCommerce Application
    10. eCommerce Application notifies Customer of successful (or failed) payment
    11. eCommerce Application notifies Website Owner of purchase
    12. Website Owner ships product to Customer
Of course there's a lot more detail going on in each step, but hopefully you get the general idea that setting up an eCommerce application is a tad more complicated than your regular blog-style website.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
This is a wonderful basic tutorial about eCommerce. I remembered back then when I started my own eCommerce website, there are some points that I didn't consider to be serious, and one of them is simply the design of my website. In order to become successful with eCommerce, we should always think out of the box in order to make a real difference with our eCommerce website. If we do not take time to tweak our eCommerce website's design and uniqueness, for sure we can't stand a chance against the other competitors who are selling products that are related to your niche.

Cleveland Williams

Content Writer
How to Create & Promote a Facebook Page
IN 4 EASY STEPS (With Pictures)

Facebook has become apart of our daily lives, something true for over a billion people online. From checking our news feed for updates from family & friends, uploading our own “selfies” in order to show off to the world, or on another website where they give the option to skip filling your contact information and just sign in via Facebook. There is no doubt how much this company has impacted our culture and the world. Why not tap into the power of the internet & Facebook by advertising on this platform.

The 4 steps are listed below:

Step 1:

Login to Facebook.com and enter your account.

step 1.jpg
Step 2:

Once logged in, click the upside down triangle located in the upper right hand corner of your profile. From the drop down menu, select “create page”. Your screen should then look like the example below. Next select the appropriate field that you desire, example: if you’re promoting for an independent car dealership in Dallas, TX, select brand or product and then “cars” or “car rentals”. Fill out any additional information that it may request.

Step 2.jpg
Step 3:

This next step allows you to enter more details about what you’re advertising. In the about section, write about the product or service that you are providing. In this step you will also be adding your profile picture and information on the type of people you are interested in targeting. Once you’ve added all of that, make sure you target the location of the people for more in depth analysis's.

Step 3.jpg
Step 4:

Now you’ve reached the last step. You will be now taken to the page that you have just created. There is no expense for creating a Facebook page and sharing it with your friends own social network. You can even upload posts the same way as you would your with regular Facebook account. The last thing you will need to do is click the “promote” button located in the upper right hand corner in blue. From the menu that pops up select “Boost Your Website” or “Boost Your Page”. Your screen should now look like the example below. After you fill in all of the information that it asks for you will be able to promote your page, to your targeted audience, for the dollar amount that you feel comfortable investing.

Step 4.jpg

Conclusion

The above is an example of the Non-Profit organization that I am in the beginning stages of developing. The acronym American L.I.O.N. Stands for Liberty & Intelligence Over Negativity. In this example, due to the fact that it is for a Non-Profit, there is not any intention to making money from the campaign. However, there are some people online, who earn an income from selling product(s)/ service(s), using their Facebook Page and following these steps when advertise it.

I’d also recommend having a website in addition to following these 4 easy steps. Combining those two, along with consistent branding on other social media platforms, can and will result in a solid foundation for your online endeavors.

Vinaya

I am trying to launch my estore.These tips on starting an ecommerce website and ways to promote and market on facebook both are really helpful for me. Before I launch my e commerce website, I am doing homework. I will not set up a physical store, but still I need a warehouse where I will have to store my products that I would be selling. I need a lot of money to do this.

Renren

Well, I think the idea of it. If I am going to create or build one of these, having a group or, a partner will help me a lot, because it will not be my idea alone and we can build a better one relying on everyone's opinion and ideas.