Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Positive Crocweb Hosting Worldwide Review

Discussion in 'Review Services' started by anu_smart, Jan 1, 2016.

1. anu_smart

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Crocweb Hosting Thousands of Clients Worldwide Review

CrocWeb, opened in 2009, is one of the best Canadian web hosting providers offering first class support and uptime. Their packages are designed mainly for personal, small business and corporate clientele who need quality, prompt assistance and service.

ABOUT THEM

They are headquartered within Canada but there unsurpassed 24 7 technical support allows them to service an extremely diverse client base from around the world. Their name-brand services are housed within a top tier data-center in Montreal, to deliver thefinest blend of dependability and tractability.

Beginner

• 10 GB Pure SSD Storage
    • 200 GB Premium Bandwidth beginning at $2.95 per month.
    3.JPG

Intermediate

• 20 GB Pure SSD Storage
    • 400 GB Premium Bandwidth starting at $4.95

Adult croc advanced

• 50 GB Pure SSD Storage
    • 1000 GB Premium Bandwidth starting at $6.95

Primary Hosting Features

A web server that serves static content up to 5x quicker, dynamic content up to 40x faster and HTTPS up to 3x faster than Apache.

Pure Solid-State Drive Storage

SSDs have lower access time, latency last and IOPS up to 100x more than normal drive ensuring constant maximum performance.

MariaDB Database Server

An enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL with improved database performance. Maris DB is a robust and reliable SQL server.

CloudLinux Operating System

Other OS allow servers to go offline due to a single account while CloudLinux stays

Free cPanel Migration

Moving from a cPanel host? The technicians will migrate your data and make sure zero downtime throughout the entire process.

Pros

• Various hosting plans available for different needs
    • Guaranteed disk space and bandwidth
    • Good uptime
    • Litespeed web server
    • Standard, easy-to-use control panel (cPanel)
    • Pure SSD
    • SSH access available upon request
    • Automatic daily backups
    • 60-day money back guarantee and pro-rated refunds available

Cons

• Support quality is somewhat inconsistent
    • Unexplained, short-lived issues with site loading time

Some web host companies will sign up with CrocWeb in Canada because they have Canadian clients who want their websites hosted on a Canadian server even when they are living somewhere else. Some web host start out with a shared hosting plan for one website.

Overall, no experience with them has ever been bad. I am happy with a reseller account although I can’t deny the fact that there are areas where CrocWeb could use a lot of improvement.

Summary of Review

CrocWeb is a really solid web host. They are extremely close to being the perfect Canadian host and I have never found any complaints about them. And I have search hard to try to find some. They are consistent in speed and support could use some improvement. Still CrocWeb is definitely one of the top Canadian host I have ever used.

Their monthly cost is $5.95 each month.

CrocWeb Review Ratings

Speed – it is erratic so I gave is a 4.5 for Reliability – no problems so I gave it a 5

Support – there support tech are always on duty – 5

Price – 5

Overall summary ratings 4.5

My Observation

Crocweb Hosting has a good website. My Canadian client likes the fact that his site loads in less than half a second and when he is happy – I certainly am happy. This client site was previously hosted by another Canadian server and it used to load in more or less 3 seconds. Now, 3 seconds might not seem too long for some, but think about this – every second is critical when it comes to businesses online. Believe it or not, a few additional seconds in loading time can in some cases spell the difference between securing and losing a potential customer. This means that having a 480msw load time is a huge plus for this site and moving it to CrocWeb was obviously the right decision to make.

Erratic on Speed

But there are occasionally several times when website would just load very slowly for me and my client. This random slowness seldom occurs so it is not something I am overly concerned about. I wish I knew why because this has been going on for some time now. I did my service and spoke to my contact telling him that I wish we could find out why this has been going on for some time now. I spoke with CrocWeb but I never got any useful information from them and this erratic behavior bothers me – I seem to be the only one. That is why speed only rated a 4.5.