Dead Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
Dead pixels, a computer's worst nightmare , lol. I never had the chance to see them but I know that it causes errors and A line across your screen. The only way to fix I believe is to get a new Video Card

John121

Yellow Belt
Yea and video cards range from $80 dollars to over $200 bucks. Thats alot to be spending on a card.. and then open it and touch it.. you screw up the whole board.. that just plain stinks.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
John121 said:
Yea and video cards range from $80 dollars to over $200 bucks. Thats alot to be spending on a card.. and then open it and touch it.. you screw up the whole board.. that just plain stinks.
Exactly, it'd probably just be alot better to send your computer to the company and let them fix it

John121

Yellow Belt
No it wouldnt. Then they charge you for the card ($120) then for labor ($100) then you gotta pay for it to be shipped back to you ($15)..

I would take my chances puttin it together.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
John121 said:
No it wouldnt. Then they charge you for the card ($120) then for labor ($100) then you gotta pay for it to be shipped back to you ($15)..

I would take my chances puttin it together.
Labor, nah!! If you buy a warranty they will fix it via their costs, but when the wareanty runs out they charge you. And I think during the warranty they even upgrade it and ship it for free!

John121

Yellow Belt
Yea when I got a warantee for my computer it was over $100. That pretty much tells me they know sometthings gonna go wrong.. so they have the money already in-pocket.. but if fortunately nothing goes wrong.. they keep your $100 bucks no mattter what. :(

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
John121 said:
Yea when I got a warantee for my computer it was over $100. That pretty much tells me they know sometthings gonna go wrong.. so they have the money already in-pocket.. but if fortunately nothing goes wrong.. they keep your $100 bucks no mattter what. :(
And, warrantes are worth it, because they pay for the parts. And every computer eventually has something go wrong eh?

John121

Yellow Belt
Nope.. only thing wrong with mine was the graphic card and the modem. Got struck by lightning.. Bought them bother for about ehh $200 bucks then get them installed for free by my Dads friend.. Cant beat that.. can you? :cool:

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
John121 said:
Nope.. only thing wrong with mine was the graphic card and the modem. Got struck by lightning.. Bought them bother for about ehh $200 bucks then get them installed for free by my Dads friend.. Cant beat that.. can you? :cool:
Yeah I can , my modem got stuck too (DSL BETTER) and mine was installed AND upgraded for free :D :D

myshtern

Yellow Belt
Replacing a video card is easier than eating pie.
Take out the screws, then plug it into the motherboard.
Install the drivers that came with the card and presto.

Done

John121

Yellow Belt
And I thought shopping at staples and officemax for my computer stuff was low. Newegg is awesome! Windows XP is $86 bucks! It is now my newest friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.