Help Me/Question Dedicated Ip

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewissmith20

I would like to know about some web terms like virtual hosting, parking domain, shared hosting, dedicated IP. May anyone explain me?
Thanks

L

lewissmith20

I am still waiting for any reply. Suggest me some articles, sites or anything else which give me some idea about hosting terminologies.

Thanks

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Okay,
here are quick definition/explanation of the terms you seek.

• virtual hosting - Normally when a site is hosted, it is on a server (a large computer) and it actually reside on a particular server name for example a server called lewissmithSvr. With virtual hosting, they use software to make it appear that a site is actually on the server called lewissmithSvr but its not, its just on a webspace on a much larger computer called TemiSvr.
  • parking domain - When you register a domain same Temi.co.uk , you can host it but lets say you are not ready to host it, you can "part the domain" at a site so that when people visit temi.co.uk they do not just get error that domain does not exist, they will be taken to a page that could say something like: welcome to temi.co.uk, the owner of this domain is not ready to use it yet hence its parked here. Its like parking you car at a car park. When you are ready to drive home, you go to the car park and drive away in your car, same with domain, you "park a domain" you do not need yet till you need it.
  • shared hosting - Share hosting is when say two websites share a space, for example when I am ready to use my parked domain, temi.co.uk , I can get it to share the webspace I am using to host this forum so that the space webmasterserve.com currently occupies will be shared between webmasterserve.com and temi.co.uk , some hosting companies allow you to do that some don't.
  • dedicated IP - When temi.co.uk and webmasterserve.com are sharing the space as in the above example, they will also be sharing one IP address but if I need to use SSL certificate for temi.co.uk , it will not be possible to share IP address as SSL needs a dedicated IP address so I will have to lease a dedicated IP address for temi.co.uk.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Thanks

L

lewissmith20

Hello Temi,

Thanks for your reply. Here is an online source (w w w. Webhost.Org) which I found during my search on Google for web hosting information. They have list of top web hosting providers. They also give basic information on some web hosting services like, Shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, Reseller hosting etc.. I have contact Blue Host and Fast Domain From them web hosting providers list.

Again thank you vary much for your valuable reply.

Lewis Smith

J

jeeva

I got the ip address here ip-details.com It provides ip address,ip search,domain host search,get ip details....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dagaul101

A parked domain is a domain that is parked, i.e. It is registered but not developed yet so might be showing some ads from a network that shows ads for parked domainsDedicated IP is where the IP address for your site is the same i.e. it is not dynamicShared hosting is where you are sharing your hosting with other people on a serverVirtual host ae additional hosting you create on your server to host other sub domains or domains

Status
Not open for further replies.