Derby play Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

odls

Yellow Belt
Manchester United are a step closer to the FA Cup final. First though they have to travel to Pride Park to take on Derby.

Hopefully there'll be no banana skin to upset things.

2/14/2009 10:24 AM FA Cup Preview: Derby - Man United

Derby County will be hoping to cause Manchester United as much problems as they did in the Carling Cup when they host them in the FA Cup Fifth Round.

Sunday, 15 February 2009, 16:30 GMT – Pride Park, Derby

History Repeating

Not many teams beat Manchester United twice in a season, but the Rams can add their name to this exclusive list on Sunday if they upset the odds once again.

The last time they met at Pride Park was the first leg of the Carling Cup semi final showdown in early January. That night, the Whites were phenomenal. Beating their glamorous opponents to every ball, they were worth much more than the 1-0 win recorded.

From his watching brief in the stands, the then newly appointed manager Nigel Clough would have taken great pleasure in Kris Commons' thunderbolt strike that separated the teams.

Derby were blown away at Old Trafford in the second leg, going out of the competition after a 4-2 defeat. Even then they caused more headaches to their hosts than the 13 Premier League opponents who've failed to find the net against them since November.
goal.com

Last edited:

odls

Yellow Belt
Derby lose 1-4 to United

Winning has become so routine for Manchester United that the only thing that seemingly interests their manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, now is how they get there. Fergie played without any recognised strikers.

Even so, they still won comfortably. With Wayne Rooney still injured, Dimitar Berbatov was rested and Carlos Tevez restricted to a place on the bench.

N

nuaeman

I hope they can win another 4 cup this season. Even I'm at Malaysia, my favorite team still Man United. :)

O

oddstake

Hope that Man United will take the crown this time! but still they have to work hard on it....

Status
Not open for further replies.