Did you consider directory submission is effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeniy

Yellow Belt
After launching of Google algorithms such as Penguin directory submission is not a good way of site promotion. Espacially if you want to submit your site to low quality auto-approved directory.

khossa

White Belt
It is well known that directories are no longer effective as it used to but they are still very useful you have just to choose he right directories and to use white hat methods

samy

Banned
hi

Did you consider directory submission is effective these days?
Yes directory submission is very effective for our site.
Through Directory submission we get good back links and good traffic for website
These back links are help to increase the website PR.

E

evalyn

Yes Dir submission is very important in online marketing. So you should do this.

J

jayjay54321

Doesn't work for me for some reason, my website seems to be falling rather then climbing on google ww.1stforplanthire.co.uk

danieljohns

White Belt
Quite suspicious question that has split the experts into positive and negative. Almost half believe that directories are effective and the other believe its just a waste of time and money.

Let us have some discussion over both concerns. First the positive aspects of directories that they are really helpful in generating back links.

The negative aspects is Traffic which is the matter of past because i believe no one hardly visit the directories to find out his query. And only the high page authority directories may have some influence in purpose build link building other wise you may have seen feel in deep and no one care to visit them and drop their link within it. I had a list of directories more than 10 thousand and unfortunately most of them are closed or penalized.

So it is up to you that are you in or our.

Hannahdylan

White Belt
After penguin blasts, marketers think directory submission is not affect anymore. But i don't believe it so. But i'm very careful while choosing directory submission.

danieljohns

White Belt
After penguin blasts, marketers think directory submission is not affect anymore. But i don't believe it so. But i'm very careful while choosing directory submission.
As far as your comments are concerned Hannah, majority of the marketers have turned their faces from directories after penguin. As far as my experience is concerned i have had a list of thousand of directories and during the last couple of months found that most of them are gone in the black hole. Majority of the directories have lost too much traffic and rankings. But i believe if you choose the most appropriate and quality directories it would not hurt your rankings and those directories are still live.

jhony117

Yellow Belt
I have not submit any of site into directory because it is not effective to increase traffic or get back-links.

Status
Not open for further replies.