The main differences between Relatinal algebra and calculus are:
- Relational algebra is a procedural language whereas Relational Calculus is a non-procedural language.
- In Relational algebra we need to specify what is required and how to get it whereas in Relational Caculus we only need to specify what is required.
- Relational algebra is used to build a new relations whereas Relational calculus is used to formulate the relation definition.
- In Relation algebra queries are domain independent whereas in Relational Calculus queries are domain dependent.
- Relational algebra is nore close to programming language whereas Relational calculus is more close to natural language.